Hotel Modera
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$200
$343
$327
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$184
$178
2,021 results
All reviewshour fitnessnel centro restaurantfaux furkeller auditoriumdays innvalet parkingcloset doorportland state universityhappy hourfront desk staffrestaurant downstairsmodern hotelfarmers marketrooms are smallfew blockshotel restaurantvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel was fabulous from the moment we entered the doors. Right off the bat, we found that there was an error in our reservation (it was confirmed for a week after we were actually arriving), but the front desk clerk immediately corrected the mistake, as well as advising me on how to deal with the travel web site on which I'd booked to get a refund for the mistaken booking. On from there, our entire experience was so wonderful, we wanted to change our travel plans in order to stay for longer than one night. The lobby is bright and spacious, the room was immaculate, modern and comfortable, and the bathroom was all of the above. The highlight of the one night we spent at the Hotel Modera was our early dinner at the bar. We arrived exhausted and famished, too tired to wait to eat out on the town in Portland (at least I was, pregnancy will do that to you) but just in time to catch the 'happy hour' at the bar. We sat near the bartender, who was extremely knowledgable about wines, the Oregon wineries and local wine shops (we were trying to track down a vintage we'd loved); he was also more than happy to make me a non-alcoholic version of one of the happy hour specials, as well as being a wonderful conversationalist over our dinner. And the dinner! We ordered from the bar menu naturally, as it was happy hour, not expecting much, but it was the single best meal we had on our two week road trip. Fresh, innovative, and absolutely delicious---the burger I had went straight to my "top 5 of all time" list--it was that good. I'd go back to this hotel in a NYC heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Needed a place for our one night in Portland. Had planned a little "make your own pub crawl" to sample some of Portland's microbrews so wanted a place that was located within stumbling/taxi distance should need be (turns out it didn't).

Read lots of reviews online for many hotels. Chose this one as it looked great in the pics and was well-reviewed, had the central location, and offered a great deal (booked through Expedia.ca and got $155 incl. valet parking (saved $7 I think off regular charge) and a "welcome gift" which I called to make sure was going to be something decent not a logo'd pen, turned out to be a bottle of wine so that was fine by us!)

Valets were very friendly when we pulled in. Brea at Front Desk was very helpful and informative with directions to transit stops and other info, also had a note in my file and told me that a package I'd had shipped to the hotel was waiting without me even having to ask about it, which I thought was another example of great service.

Hotel offers a happy hour in restaurant which we didn't use as well as complimentary computers/business center access which we did.

Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again for sure, especially with all the little "extras" that we got for less money than other hotels in the area were charging.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

While my most recent stay was purely for pleasure, I've stayed at Hotel Modera over 70 nights a year since 2007 for business. It has always been a great place to stay. You have a choice of either garden or city rooms...with the city rooms looking out towards the city/streets, and the garden views overlooking the courtyard. Both have advantages/disadvantages, depending on your preferences. City views are like they sound -- overlooking the streets, other buildings. The higher floors provide you a buffer from the street noise, such that the 4th/5th floor city rooms are actually pretty quiet. The garden view rooms are definitely quieter...unless you happen to be on the 2nd/3rd floors with rooms over the outdoor seating area for Nel Centro -- the on-site restaurant.

All of the rooms are very nice / well-furnished. The suites are similarly furnished, with just tons of space. The one time I had a complaint because my room wasn't made up / cleaned one day turned out to be my fault...for inadvertantly putting on the "privacy" button to prevent from being disturbed...smile!

Unfortunately, there is no fitness center/swimming pool at the hotel....which would have been nice. However, they do offer day passes at a 24 Hour Fitness one block away as an alternative.

Overall, a great place to stay and awesome value!

Room Tip: Check out the on-site restaurant, Nel Centro. While somewhat pricey, great food!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Hotel_Modera_GM, General Manager at Hotel Modera, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Dear Guest from Seattle,<br><br>

Thank you for your continued business! I am always happy to receive feedback from our Repeat Guests confirming that all of our efforts at the property are indeed working and that we are providing a high level of customer service and quality consistently. If you don’t already receive a Preferred Rate with us, I would like to encourage you to call the Hotel and speak with our Corporate Sales Manager.
<br><br>
The key to our success is winning the loyalty of return guests such as yourself! Thank you for your continued patronage. It is greatly appreciated.<br><br>
Regards, <br><br>
Desmond Mollendor<br>
General Manager<br>
503.484.1084

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed (2 adults and one infant) here for a couple of nights over an Aug./11 weekend. Smallish rooms, but very good value with a location adjacent to transit and within easy walking distance to the Saturday morning farmers' market. Bonus points for access to a full fitness centre within the same block.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting friends in Portland. We arrived at hotel at 6am and our room wasn't ready yet as the hotel had been full the previous night. The staff were excellent in making sure that we got the 1st room that came available. Lovely rooms and great location!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple