“Fabulous food”

Ranked #13 of 4,565 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've eaten at Gracie's several times in the deLuxe Hotel in Portland and have always had a great meal. We were going to have a very late lunch but the restaurant was closed between lunch and dinner service so we headed to The Driftwood. It's the bar in the hotel. It's a lovely little bar with several tables. We each had what we would've ordered in the restaurant and it was as delicious as we expected. I had the Croques Monsieur - so yummy. We also split an order of Cheesy French Fries. They are oh so good. Perfectly cooked fries - dark brown but not burnt - with white cheddar drizzled throughout the fries. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We started w martinis bendricks for me, glass and drink were not cold and served w a lemon rather than a cucumber, bad start. We had the chartreuse and cheese which was good. As an entree we split the mac and cheese which was mediocre at best and I had the pork belly on rye as the server recommended, whic g was very good,and my wife had the ham and cheese sandwich as was also rec and itt was greasy but average. I had my entree with no cocktail nor water which is a put off for me. Cool atmosphere but the other two places we have ate have had good atmosphere and great to excellent food and the same for the service (Cassidys and Andina)

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I love this place. When I did a lot of performing in the hotel, I would go here for a meal and drink beforehand. When I was by myself I'd sit at the bar and chat with the bartenders. When I was on a date with my husband, we sat out in the lobby area. The food was always excellent, the drinks tasty and boozy, and atmosphere made me feel like I was back in time, yet it was still modern. I would recommend this place for any one traveling solo, with a date, or out for a birthday.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I cannot agree more with the reviewer who compared this lounge to "Mad Men" because that's exactly the way it seems. It is very dark and romantic and the lounge curves around a bit. It can get cramped when it's busy, but it's worth it. This place has an amazing happy hour menu and my husband and I got a lot of food for very little money.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Step back in Mad Men time to cocktails and appetizers. Be sure to try the barrel tastings ( literally on a barrel rib). A good spot for people who do not want to be seen together!

1  Thank steveberry2020