“Delicious Vegan Experience”

Blossoming Lotus Portland
Ranked #52 of 4,272 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Vegan Experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was staying in SW Portland and easily made my way by bus to visit Blossoming Lotus. I had the Curried Phyllo Purse, and it was amazing. So flavorful. Wonderful portion. Definitely glad I ventured over to the NE side.

• Visited September 2013

Melbourne, Florida
“Amazing vegan food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

A lovely restaurant with a wide variety of both cooked and raw vegan food. Excellent service. Nice wine list. Soft serve ice cream and other decadent desserts

Visited September 2013
North Easton, Massachusetts
“A vegetarian's delight”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a vegetarian and recently traveled to Portland, Oregon. For our first meal in Portland, I went to Blossoming Lotus for lunch. I looked at the menu and was happy to see the variety of vegetarian dishes. There were options to have a raw meal or something more hearty like BBQ seitan and macaroni and cheese. You could also choose from a fresh smoothie or juice or have wine/beer. The service was great-our waiter was very helpful in giving us tips about coffee places to check out in the city. Food was absolutely amazing. This place was truly a paradise for vegetarians. My boyfriend, who is not a vegetarian, also found this place to be exceptional.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent Vegan and Vegetarian Choices!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We really loved dining at this clean and friendly restaurant. The food was fresh and full of flavor. We especially loved the Live Nachos and The Beet Salad! We didn't try the Mac & Cheese, but we will the next time we visit. It looked scrumptious.

Michigan
“BEST vegan food experience ever! (edit- best food experience period!)”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I went to Blossoming Lotus on our recent trip to Portland and could not have had a better experience!

Food- Could not be beat! Live nachos, sauteed tempeh, and lemon cheesecake were standouts from our meal. Great beer selection and even the iced tea we ordered was unique!

Atmosphere- the inside is modern/simple decor. We actually sat outside, which we preferred, as it was a little more casual...

Service- amazing. Our waiter was so nice. He was prompt, answered any and all of our questions, offered to take our picture for us when he saw us taking pictures of the food and restaurant, without us having to ask.

Prices- for the quality of food they serve, EXTREMELY reasonable! gourmet food for low prices!

Bottom line- a trip to Portland would not be complete without a visit here. Vegans and non vegans can both enjoy! Gourmet, healthy food, in a restaurant that is not too upscale. If I lived here I would go every week!

1 Thank CB1122