“Exquisite Vegan Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Oregon
“Exquisite Vegan Food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We recently went for our second visit to Blossoming Lotus. The first time, we went for brunch, which was a long time ago. I had a scramble that was excellent. My partner had the biscuits, which weren't great because of the spelt flour. We had planned to go to Portobello for my birthday, but they were all booked, so we decided to try Blossoming Lotus, and I'm glad we did!

We arrived earlier than we'd intended, but it worked out great because we were able to get a couple of appetizers we wanted to try at happy hour prices. We had the artichoke fritters, which my partner loved, and the pesto-white bean dip with chips, which we both loved. These were quite filling, and more than we expected, but we wanted to try their dinners too, so we ordered the Southern BBQ Plate. What an amazing dish! With the exception of the bland black-eyed peas, everything in the dish was spectacular -- tasty and well prepared. The restaurant is on the spendy side, but a great option for a once-in-a-while treat.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank VeganRoadrunner

Vancouver, Washington
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were given a gift certificate from our kids who know we are very in to vegetarian food. Wow!!!

Blew away our expectations. Very helpful staff who worked together, fantastic food, and the price was less than expected so we still have $$ on the certificate for another meal.

We showed up midweek about 5pm so it wasn't crowded. Parking was a little hard to find as we didn't use public transit. Wife had a combo plate & I had there portabella special. Enough to share so we both enjoyed a lot of tasting.

“Delicious healthy food”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The artichoke fritters were awesome. We also liked the BBQ plate and Cajun Roulade. Fun cocktails, decent wine selections and great service. I look forward to eating here again when we visit Portland.

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The beet salad and entree were delicious, one of the best meals (and dates) I had during 2012 :) Located right off Broadway, where the parking is much more plentiful than downtown. This neighborhood is full of great restaurants, but Blossoming Lotus is the star of the lot.

• Visited June 2012
Gresham, Oregon
“Absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This restaurant is very close to Lloyd Center mall and its movie theaters. It is easy to find, even on a dark rainy afternoon, corner of Broadway and NE 15th, next to Peet's Coffee. The Happy Hour selection is awesome and the prices are great. My friend ordered the 3-taco sampler and I had the soup du jour (made with turnips and butter squash) along with a house salad. Everything we had was excellent and nicely presented. I was slightly disappointed that the sweet potato bourbon pie was not available last night, and I agree with the previous reviewer about the parking but that won't keep us from returning to BL for more delicious vegetarian fare.

• Visited December 2012