“Will visit again and again”

Blossoming Lotus Portland
Ranked #82 of 4,385 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I love this neighborhood!! Great location, super comfy atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food! As visiting Vegans we ate our way around Portland and Blossoming Lotus was in our top 3. I had the Crispy Thai Wrap and my husband had the Coconut Curry Tempeh Sandwich, neither of us wanted to share.

1  Thank Niffer1977

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I'd heard that vegan and raw food could be great, and although I like salad as much as the next person, I never would have imagined that I would walk away saying this is one of the most delicious and interesting meals I've ever had. Seriously. We went at happy hour, which is the perfect way to try a variety of dishes that are offered at the Blossoming Lotus. Everything we ordered was delicious. The tastes were complex and surprising. Of course, things didn't look like they sound: a taco in a lettuce leaf rather than a tortilla, pizza that has little similarity to it's more familiar distant cousin. But once I tasted it, it didn't matter, it was so good. I am not a vegetarian, but if someone would cook like this for me everyday, I could easily become one. I look forward to going there again on my next trip to Portland.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Be prepared for a wait if you show up at dinner time. Even after putting our names in the book by the front door the wait staff seated another party first. I was able to overlook it once the food arrived. The"live sampler" sounded oddly like something I had in a restaurant in Beijing...but thankfully nothing on the plate was actually "Alive", as in moving. No, the food is billed as being better for you because it's uncooked. I'm not sure that's the case but it was really good and filling. Paired with one of Oregon's outstanding beers, it was worth the wait. I'll be back the next time I'm in Portland.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My carnivorous husband was totally surprised to enjoy his meal at Blossoming Lotus! He was skeptical at first, but we both had awesome meals. He ordered the gluten-free pizza appetizer and didn't even offer me a bite. I had the Southwest Bowl, which was amazing - rice and beans with perfectly steamed kale and delightfully spicy/tangy sauces to round out the meal. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Odysseywriter
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

honestly wasn't expecting too much, i like my meat, but the nachos and falafels were super delicious