“Fun flights!”

Ranked #12 of 4,479 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fusing a distinct Northwest and classic Scottish Pub feel, this Pearl District destination has become a convivial gathering spot of beer and food lovers since its 2008 opening. The brew pub's 26 taps feature Deschutes mainstays plus a selection of seasonal and experimental beers developed and brewed on site exclusively for the Portland pub. Executive Chef Jill Ramseier heads the kitchen team, crafting classic pub food taken to the next level. Jill matches our brewer's passion, creating dishes from scratch with the best possible local ingredients.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went there on a Saturday evening without a reservation and were sat after about 20 minutes. It's close to Powell's Books which is where we spent the afternoon. I wanted to try a few of their beers so I started with one of the flights. For dinner I had the seafood crab flatbread and it was so great! We would come back to Deschutes, it was a fun time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,964)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a great place to eat and drink Beer. Its a large place but always crowded... The food is good and the beer is excellent.

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Been there on a Saturday evening with my girlfriend and it's rush time better to do a booking.
Burgers are fantastics!
Service is good and efficient!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Recently visited family in Portland and this was one stop that we were told we could not miss. The restaurant is loud, as all brewery restaurants are, but the decor is definitely different than most. Loved the wood carvings, the beer bottle Christmas tree was a nice touch as well. What was the biggest hit food wise? The pretzel appetizer with the most decadent cheese dipping sauce; I would have happily ate that all night long it was so good. We were trying to figure out how to ship a container of the sauce back to Colorado. I did have the macaroni and cheese which was so tasty but such a huge portion, could have fed 2 adults. My husband loved the beer flights and the 4 year old who was with us was into all the sports on the multiple screens around the restaurant. A great place to go to feel like part of the Portland downtown fun scene.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here last August and again in December. The burger is tasty, there's a gluten free menu, beer sampler is good value for the money, and they brew root beer and ginger ale too. They make their own condiments and source locally. It's a hearty lunch or light dinner and consistently good.