“Generous beer tasting sampler”
Review of Deschutes Brewery

Deschutes Brewery
Ranked #14 of 4,420 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fusing a distinct Northwest and classic Scottish Pub feel, this Pearl District destination has become a convivial gathering spot of beer and food lovers since its 2008 opening. The brew pub's 26 taps feature Deschutes mainstays plus a selection of seasonal and experimental beers developed and brewed on site exclusively for the Portland pub. Executive Chef Jill Ramseier heads the kitchen team, crafting classic pub food taken to the next level. Jill matches our brewer's passion, creating dishes from scratch with the best possible local ingredients.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This place is jumping any time! We stopped in an a drizzly October evening, The warm wood interior and noisy crowd was a nice bresk from the dark, grey outside. A little loud for me but not obnoxious. The tasting flight was more than generous, and the appetizers hearty enough for our early dinner. Great pub atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Arrived just after 5pm saturday night --place already filling up. Great sample tray of beer plus follow up selections. food was wonderful. service great but under real pressure as now very busy. beautiful wood craving decor.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We visited Deschutes on a Sunday afternoon, the second stop in a short pub crawl to sample some great craft beer. Our server was helpful and friendly - she was always at hand, but not too intrusive. We both had sampler trays and they were great. I enjoy the beer. The atmosphere was a little loud for me, but the service made up for it. We only had desserts, but both were delicious and appeared to have been made in house. Would visit again, but maybe for lunch.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I do love lunch, so while in downtown Portland my brother-in-law took us to the Deschutes Brewery. Wow! The food was incredible. I ordered a soup simply because it had what I thought were impossible ingredients. Keep in mind that "spicy" is not my fav food. Not only did the ingredients mix together well, it was delightfully spicy. Obviously, there was a chef in the kitchen! Naturally, since I hate sauerkraut, I next ordered a corned beef, sauerkraut, and apple sandwich. Again, because I couldn't imagine that combo. OH - MY - GOSH!! Hands down the best sandwich I have ever eaten. And I'm a pretty old lady! You must try this place if you are in Portland. And I dare you to order something that sounds awful!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is a more upscale brew pub for Portland, but it is a wonderful place to try some excellent beer. I liked the sample tray. It is a reasonable way to try six beers of your choice. They provide you with a paper order list, and give your list back to you with a wooden smorgasbord of your picks in order. Choose some you know you like and then branch out to a couple that are a bit out of your box. What fun. The food is good as well, rather interesting pub food with some lighter choices. They also make a great cider. This is definitely a popular place, but there is lots of seating. Good place for later afternoon or dinner after a day in town.