“Macaroons and Baguettes”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Reviewed November 4, 2013

For a divine macaroon - salted caramel coffee/cappucino - go to Ken's! Also, the baguette was perfect, a firm but chewy crust with a soft center...mmmmm.... great served with some italian ham and provolone cheese. Delish!

1  Thank jilllodosterling

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Came to Ken's for breakfast while visiting our nephew and niece here in Portland. Absolutely delicious baked goods. I had the morning bun, which was sinfully fantastic, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her almond croissant. Our nephew had the Croque Portabello, which he described as "crispy and creamy and good". While he was still eating I further indulged in a brioche bun, and couldn't resist trying a French macaroon, which was bigger than one typically finds, and very, very tasty. The establishment could use a few more tables, otherwise it'd be perfect. If we lived in Portland I'd be here frequently, and I'd probably weigh 10 lbs. more than I do.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Love everything about Ken's Bakery. Could close my eyes and be transported to Paris. Croque monsieur is delightful. Very friendly, very fresh. I stop in every time I'm in the neighborhood.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you are looking for a place to try some great pastries and grab a light meal, this is it. I was on an early morning walk through the Alphabet district and decided to stop in for a tea and some breakfast, First, finding a great cup of tea is not that easy but their black tea was killer. I also tried their homemade ham and cheese quiche and followed that with a peach danish. Both were light and flaky and the quiche was spectacular. It is a good thing they are not in Seattle or I would be in trouble. This is a must stop when in Portland.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was walking around the northwest neighborhood the first morning after we arrived in Portland looking for a neighborhood place to have eggs and avoid the usual high carb pastry and coffee routine when I walked past Ken's Artisan Bakery. I could tell by the lines and the neighborhood vibe that I was going to have a hard time sticking to my original goal. After walking another block, I turned around and walked out with one of the best pastries I've ever had -- a morning bun with orange bits in the center, buttery and messy and exactly what I'd been trying to avoid. It was worth blowing my diet for..