“Bread sandwich”

Dining options: Breakfast
Reno, Nevada
“Bread sandwich”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Food was good but nothing special and portions were small. The dip sandwich had more bread than meat . Will not go back.. 55 for breakfast for four and the kids were still hungary

Portland, OR
“Go there for the food. Go elsewhere to look cool.”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

WHY YOU'D GO HERE:
* Good comfort food. The biscuits and gravy was especially good. Imagine that!
* You like coffee. The servers offered refills seemingly every 4 minutes. I usually drink espresso, but the house drip coffee was above average fare.
* When coming from the West Side, it's closer than driving all the way to Portland. It's also easier to find parking.

WHY YOU'D GO ELSEWHERE:
*No style points.

BOTTOM LINE:
If you want to go out for brunch and you just care about the food and you really don't want to wait in a long line, Biscuits Cafe on Miller Road will probably meet your needs. Plus, the staff was friendly and attentive. Your disappointment will depend on how you feel about strip malls and commercial FM radio being played. The interior, while up-to-date and not overly noisy, lacks soul.

This restaurant is about 1/20th as trendy as the cool brunch locations in Portland proper, although the prices are probably comperable. At 11:30 AM on a cloudy Saturday morning in January, the other customers were a wide cross section of my fellow West Side suburbanites: families, seniors, couples, teens, and a sole patron or two who must really like the food. I imagined that they didn't want to drive all the way to Portland, or like us, had, found the long brunch lines daunting, given up, and spied this place on the way back home.

I'd go back.

Tip: The restaurant has the main area and a smaller room. The small room is quieter, away from the kitchen, and probably offers the only good view in the restaurant of the cool fountain at the intersection of Miller and Burnside.

• Visited January 2012
oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than Good”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I ate at this restaurant this morning and it was perfect. No big crowds(like on the weekends) and the service and food was very good. I didn't have to ask for more water etc. they were johnny on the spot with everything. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
Anacortes
“Got us by....”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My husband and I took my elderly mother here for lunch. Not our kind of place, but she was comfortable. Although she ordered a senior portion, it was just as large as ours. It cost a little less, but they're missing the point. In fact we were all overwhelmed by the large portions of the kind of food that we didn't want a whole lot of....tasty at first, but non-authentic and fatty. Though we ate less than half of it, we all felt overly stuffed as we left. I realize that plenty of people enjoy this kind of restaurant, but we won't be back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Close to home and pretty...”
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Close to home and pretty good - can't beat that with a stick.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook