“Brunch seating did not disappoint”
Review of Beast

Beast
Reserve with OpenTable
Beast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 4,363 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Killingsworth
Transit: NE Portland br>Just off the corner of NE 30th Ave & Killingsworth St.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to a Sun Brunch Seating and loved everything about this. It is a great space with an open kitchen, elegant clean lines set the mood for the excellent food. This is a set tasting menu only; and Brunch is a great option to experience this at a slightly lower price point.

There are newer reviews for Beast

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We had a wonderful evening here on our first night in Portland. The shared tables made for a great dining experience and we had a bunch of new friends by the end of our meal. Lovely dishes and beautifully matched wine. A definite recommend.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

First off, you should be prepared to be sitting with others, as there are only two communal tables. One for 8 and the other maybe 16-20. That said, our table was great. Four locals, a couple from Virginia via Oklahoma and ourselves. We found loads to talk about, besides the food! But the food and service are the stars. Set meal and do do the wine paring. Nothing to think about. Each of the dishes was great in its own right, and at the end, you were satisfied, not stuffed. Menu changes, so no need to go into it here, just go.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The hype of this restaurant definitely left me disappointed. The food was adequate. The problem is, that if you don't care for what you're eating, you have NO option for anything else. I have paid far less for much better at many other restaurants in Portland. The service was extremely mediocre for not really having to do much. 4 times they tried to take my food or wine away (without asking) when I was still eating/drinking and I had to stop talking just to prevent losing part of my overpriced meal. I even teach my 12 year old daughter to ask if the person is finished before clearing a dinner plate (even if there is nothing left on the plate)
I won't be back.

1  Thank dl0p
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went to Brunch at Beast and had a wonderful meal. Food and service was spot on perfect. I actually saved a copy of the menu for my TA review. For the first course we had poached italian plum clafoutis with whipped cream and maple-glazed bacon. The second course was Beast hash with syrah braised lamb with potatoes/porcini&chanterelle mushrooms/sweet heirloom peppers/poached farm egg & hollandaise. Third course was a selection of cheeses with aged sauvignon blanc vinaigrette. FInally the fourth course was chocolate truffle cake with creme chantilly.Soup to nuts Beast was excellent. Definitely coming back for the seven course dinner next time.