“good food, cool stores, tough parking”

Northwest (Nob Hill)
$60.00*
Best of Portland City Morning Tour
Ranked #43 of 448 things to do in Portland
More attraction details
Owner description: A grocer from San Francisco opened a store on NW 23rd over a hundred years ago and named it after the uppercrust S.F. neighborhood.
Beaverton, Oregon, United States
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“good food, cool stores, tough parking”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

if you can get parking, you're in for a really nice experience. The area has a ton of great restaurants and cool independent stores.
We usually go for a bite (sometimes just dessert) and a nice walk

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ivy_Cristina

Mountain View, Arkansas
452 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 532 helpful votes
“Nob Hill is a vibrant neighborhood in NW Portland”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nob Hill neighborhood is my favorite district of Portland after visiting my daughter who lives on Johnson Street. She took my wife and me all over Portland during the week of our stay. She referred to the area as the Alphabet District because the streets are named after the successive letters of the alphabet.

The neighborhood has an abundance of shops and restaurants on 23rd and 21st Streets. We ate at Caffe Mingo, Serratto, Papa Haydn, Jo Bar, Besaws and St. Horore Bakery during our visit. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express NW which was very convenient for all that we wanted to do. We attended church at Agape Church of Christ, a new congregation that meets at the Metropolitan Learning Center on Glisan and 21st Streets.

Nob Hill is a vibrant part of Portland. Parking can be difficult, but if you dirve around long enough you can eventually find a parking spot. I am already looking forward to our next trip to Portland to visit our daughter and taking in the highlights of the Northwest (Nob Hill) District.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Razorfish
Newhall, CA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Interesting Neighborhood”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good place to shop. Also lots and lots of good dining. Very close to Portland's Rose Gardens, interesting and active. Parking tough.

Visited October 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“My favorite place to hang out”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Nob Hill is where it's at. Great place to hang out to shop and eat. Parking is limited though and can be frustrating. I bring my car named "Crash" when I come here.

Visited May 2012
Portland, Oregon
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Very Cool”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is a great little neighborhood in Portland, Wonderful shops, great restaurants. Good for a ppost lunch or pre-dinner walk through. Wildwood is my favorite restaurant on the the street.

Visited April 2012