“A Balkan Gem”

Two Brothers Cafe & Grill
Ranked #924 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed December 26, 2015 via mobile

A couple of weeks prior, I caught a bus outside Two Brothers and it smelled amazing so I made a note to return. By chance, we were in the area at dinner time and took the opportunity. And so glad we did.

We started with pita with ajvar - a kind of red pepper & onion spread/dip. So good.

I had a full portion of goulash which was a good size but not so much there was any left to take home. Because I definitely would have. It was DELICIOUS! Not overly spiced so the flavor of the beef & vegetables came through.

My partner had the spinach cream soup with a small piece of cornbread. We expected the soup to be pureed but luckily it wasn't. And it was delicious as well.

It's a small little place that certainly appears authentic in decor & staff. If we lived close, I would eat here regularly. As it is, I will definitely return any time I find myself in SE Portland.

Reviewed August 28, 2015

We were headed for another dinner place when we saw this one. The other place didn't meet our needs, so we came back.

Had goulash and sausages. UMM! Service was attentive, but we were the only two customers in the place at the time.

Reviewed May 17, 2015

Top notch Bosnian/Yugoslavian food!!
Delicious grilled meats with very good pogacha bread. Their lepinye bread is much better. Ask for it! The pita (a stuffed savoury phyllo pastry) is very good but could be crispier. Their wine and beer selection from the former Yugoslavia is truly top notch. And lastly their homemade Baklava is TO DIE FOR!! Truly amazing...reminded me of the one that my poor grandma from Sarajevo used to make. I will be back, MANY MANY TIMES. Highly recommended

Reviewed May 6, 2015

If the languages at the different tables are an indicator, then this is pretty darned authentic. I tried the cevapi based on the reviews and I wasn't disappointed. Very tasty and the fresh pita was awesome. I'd definitely go there again.

Reviewed September 7, 2014

This restaurant is very good. Family cooking style, excellent food and inexpensive. Excellent location.

I really liked the corn bread (they serve it with tasty sour cream. Also I had a couple of vegetarian dishes (veg gyro and bean soup).

Highly recommend it!