“Fantastic!”

Two Brothers Cafe & Grill
Ranked #924 of 4,419 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed September 7, 2014

This restaurant is very good. Family cooking style, excellent food and inexpensive. Excellent location.

I really liked the corn bread (they serve it with tasty sour cream. Also I had a couple of vegetarian dishes (veg gyro and bean soup).

Highly recommend it!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have tried cevapi in Serbia, and this one is close enough to the cevapi I tried before. The owners are friendly. The prices are good, the average meal is about $10 and they serve you a good amount of food. The milkshakes are very good. The pita bread served with the cevapi is fresh and very tasty

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Two Brothers is some of the best Balkan/Bosnian food I've had this side of Sarajevo. I had the 10-piece Ćevapi and my wife had the meat Bürek. As my wife is from the region we've had our share of Ćevapi across the Ex-Yugoslav republics as well as in the US. Two Brothers is the real deal. We had a long talk with the owners and they were very friendly.

1  Thank Matthew K
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Eat here! This is a great little restaurant run by a nice family. Quirky but easy to find location. Yum! Can't wait to return.

1  Thank trippgoddess
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Having spent a summer interning in Bosnia, I've been on a perpetual and unsuccessful search for Balkan restaurants in the US since my return to the States eight years ago; unsuccessful until now.

Two Brothers Cafe & Grill serves authentic, outstanding Balkan food. We split the Cevapi (tasty, tasty sausages with delectably fresh cooked bread) and a Burek (thin, light philo dough stuffed with your choice of meat or cheese), which they unfortunately referred to as Bosnian Pita.

Burek I found to be the quintessential Bosnian meal at local, small-town restaurants. It's like no other sausage I've ever consumed, and among the tastiest of any sausage I've enjoyed. There's something unique about it that's impossible to explain. Burek is the standard bakery fare that Bosnians typically eat for breakfast, with fresh Greek yogurt, or late at night when returning from the "discos" or cafes. Both dishes were outstanding at this place and immediately transported me to northern Bosnia. We washed this meaty goodness down with Serbian Beer: "Jelen Pivo." This is a light, lager beer that, for some reason, I just find to be outstanding coupled with Bosnian food. The Bosnian beer selection is "Nektar." I prefer Jelen over Nektar, and have had a harder time finding Jelen in the US... so I naturally went with the Jelen.

The only complaint I have about Two Brothers Cafe & Grill is the people were just not very friendly. I found Bosnians to be among the warmest, most welcoming people in the world. Maybe we caught them on a bad day. But their restaurant was otherwise empty at about 12:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday. So I thought they might be a bit happier to see some patrons.

In any event, don't let the coolness of the proprietors keep you from the awesome food they serve. If you happen to be in the Portland area, you're not vegetarian, and you are adventurous about ethnic foods, give Two Brothers Cafe & Grill a shot.

3  Thank TacomaJoe