“If you don't care about your car or yourself being attacked...”

Econo Lodge Expo Center
Ranked #128 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Sacramento, California
“If you don't care about your car or yourself being attacked...”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Location is in a noisy, busy and rough neighborhood. If that keeps you up at night, then spend your sleepless night watching your vehicle.
Room/hotel is rundown.
Breakfast is a joke. None to be had.
I don't mind a budget level hotel/motel but I care if promises are made and not kept. Way overpriced for what was promised.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank guy h
warden1, Manager at Econo Lodge Expo Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your stay here at the Econolodge Portland, We have yet to have a car broken into, We care about our customers as well as our staff's safety.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2012

A complete dive would be a few steps up from this place. I'll just list the lows as there are no highs to mention:
- blood stain (I think?) on the carpet
- the safety lock on the door was held on by ONE LOOSE screw and was definitely not safe
- cigarette burns in the chair and bedspread
- mold all over the bathroom baseboards
- towel rack above the toilet only attached on 1 side, literally coming off the wall
- "free" breakfast was literally 1 English muffin (apparently we were supposed to share), NO coffee, no OJ, nothing else at all

It won't let me select zero stars, so I'm being forced to rate it 1/5.

Room Tip: Good rooms are found at other hotels in Portland, not here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank brand763

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel was dirty and disgusting. There seems to be several families living on the hotel property which were causing disturbances after hours. The "breakfast" in the morning only consists of toast and Orange Juice.

Save yourself the grief and go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Orndorf
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2011

For the pass three years I've made my yearly trip to Portland, Oregon to visit family and each time I've stayed at Econo Lodge Expo Center. The location is great, it is close to shopping, downtown, and Vancouver, Wa. Each time the staff has been friendly and helpful. The rooms are stanard size and clean. Great hotel for the money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rbriggsjr
Reviewed April 14, 2011

We are a disabled couple who were selected by a nonprofit company to redo our bathroom. Because we couldn't use the bathroom at our house, obviously, we had to stay at a hotel. My husband is a client of Seniors and Disabled of the State of Oregon. Seniors and Disabled picked Econo Lodge Expo Center.
As I said, the beds could have been a little softer, because my husband suffers from overall pain due to residual effects from a Traumatic Brain Injury sustained in May 1984.
He was the one who had trouble with the bed. Personally I had no trouble with it at all; I am very able-bodied. I tried to make it softer by folding a bedspread in thirds, and that helped him.

As I said, the staff was very nice and helpful and replaced, almost immmediately, a missing refrigerator. When that refrigerator turned out to be broken, a staff member came and replaced it, again almost immediately.They also fixed a broken drain in the washbowl and showed us how to use the drain in the shower.All of these helps happened almost immediately. Also, when we moved in, there were cigarette butt burns (it was a smoking room - great because my husband smokes) on the bathtub. I wish I had thought to inform the staff of this immediately so nobody could blame us for the burns, but I foolishly waited till the end of our stay. Luckily, the staff members knew about it already and did not blame us for the cigarette butt burns - they knew we did not create them and knew that the butt burns were there already.

Fresh coffee was always available in the lobby, and if we got up early enough (most of the time we didn't as we tend to be night owls) there were English muffins and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins available for the guests - they are delicious.

Ben and Lauren Chilson

Room Tip: If you smoke, ask for a smoking room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed in a room for 3 nights but it was not worth it! There are creepy people wandering in and out of the hotel all hours of the night and staff just let it happen. The rooms were okay, a bit small but nice enough for the price. It would be a nicer hotel if there were a new staff and management. It just looks like a bunch of "homies" hanging around and makes the hotel look horrible. I would rather pinch my pennies and stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 503k123
Reviewed March 17, 2011

it was very clean and the people at the front deck was very respectful and helpful.i was just supose be there for two nights but end up staying a week.

• Stayed February 2011