“Extraordinary people!”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We would love to acknowledge Brittny and Sergio for their exceptional service and professionalism! They made our trip even more wonderful! They helped us celebrate our daughter's 21st birthday with class!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear Rikki S,

What a fantastic five star review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that Brittanie and Sergio helped to make your daughter’s 21st birthday so special. I will ensure that they receive recognition for the extraordinary service.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Thank you Courtyard for an extremely wonderful stay. I got a chance to stay at this wonderful property for 4 nights and each night was as good as the other.

The friendliness at this hotel started the moment I got out of the airport shuttle. The doorman, the front desk clerk, the restaurant hostess, a couple of housekeepers and a person that I believe to be a maintenance person all greeted me at different points of my arrival with an individual welcome and smile. Check in was seamless and access to my room was equally as easy. The grounds, the lobby, the bar area, elevators and halls were very clean. My room was exceptionally clean with a very pleasant aroma. The linens were clean and had a fresh smell. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well lit.

On the third night of my stay I received in my room a hand written note from the house keeper thanking me for staying at the property, and shared her pride in making sure the room met my standards. This was a sincerely written note and it continued to solidify my positive impression of the hotel and the city as a whole.

Great job Courtyard! Your staff and your property are absolutely outstanding.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear ibvic,

Thank you for sharing your amazing experience in my hotel with the TripAdvisor community! I am so happy to hear that my staff made you feel at home and you found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable. My team and I sincerely look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had had a few ups and downs on our trip to Portland and during our excellent brunch and conversation with staff shared some of our experiences. Sargio, Island, Magdalena and Charlie were all so welcoming and on top of all of this - the brunch was on them!! What an amazing treat and this staff knows all about paying it forward! Thank you.

Room Tip: rooms on east side of hotel are on a busy street but shutout blinds were extremely helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nadia z
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear nadia z,

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am happy to hear that my staff jumped into action and took great care of you. I hope that you will return as a guest of ours sometime soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I travel to Portland at least monthly and when I do, I make sure to stay here due to the staff and location. More so for the staff because when you're on the road this much, it's nice to build friendships. The hotel itself meets my every need, it has a gym, a nice restaurant/bar, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and parking. The restaurant has good to great food and it makes a long day at work when jet lagged from east coast time very easy to unwind from. I've never had a complaint about a room or noise since I've been staying here and I've stayed here over 90 nights now the past two years. If that doesn't say something, I'm not sure what does.

When you're in an airplane for 6 hours and living out of your suitcase for weeks on end, it really does come down to how welcome you're made to feel by the staff. In that regard, I'd like to say Marcie, Karuna and Amber help make each stay that much better. Thank you, guys and I look forward to next time.

Room Tip: upper floor by the corners.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank DavidDaveWorkout
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear DavidDaveWorkout,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty! We love having you as a guest of ours. I am happy to hear that you have had a great night’s sleep and fantastic service from Marci, Karun and Amber during the past two years that you have been staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you “home” during your next stay!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I had an enjoyable time staying at this location. Accessible to the Max Line for $2.50 off the baggage claim from PDX with only 3 blocks passing Burgerville for a quick bite. Check in was simple and headed for an I.P.A. at the bar. Awesome. My room had what I needed for a short weekend stay: T.V., coffee maker, fridge/ Ice maker, Black out curtains = nice. Although my first night, the sheets had a scent of former tenants, I reported this and the next day my sheets smelled as of they just got out the laundry. Angela at the front made sure of this and even comped me dinner...super cool! The staff is top notch. This is where this establishment really shines. Here is the list of their superstars and their contributions;
1)Phone calls to front desk before my arrival and spoke with Edward & Brittany. Complete aces to an last minute travel emergency
2) Chris ( head bartender) personable, kind professional and out going. This individual had a familiar spirit that made me feel at home.
3) Caruna (sp?) Amber & Magdelena- complete sweet hearts with a kind smile, customer first attitude and moreover genuine with a sense of humour that matches wits with the best of them. Oh and easy on the eyes :-) sorry Chris, well your a dashing dude, I suppose lols.
4) The folks at the valet...don't know the names but greeted everyone.

All this made me feel at home and resonates with me when I reminisce of my first visit to Portland. I fell in love. Note to Managment: If you can invest in sound proofing the windows facing Wendy's I would give that deserved star. My only issue with this location is if you have a room facing the Wendy's anticipate that you will hear garbage trucks, sirens, cars, traffic, noise, that can disturb needed rest. This was my top concern otherwise hats off to the crew for their commitment to excellence.

Cheers!
-Warren P.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing Wendy's if you want more of an undisturbed experience from the traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Warren P

Dear Warren P,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so thrilled to hear that my staff played a role in you falling in love with Portland! It truly is an amazing city and there is so much to do and see but what really separates from the rest is our friendly people. During your next trip I would like to offer my personal assistance with finding you a room in another area of the hotel that will better suit your needs. I hope we see you soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Modern, attractive lobby with friendly, helpful staff.

Room 640: clean, quiet suite (end of the hall), comfy, with modern decor and incredibly comfortable pillow top king bed, divided living / bedroom areas, full kitchen, work area, two flat screen TVs (one in each room), deck / patio.

Located a couple of blocks from the MAX, so getting downtown is no trouble at all.

Option to self park saves you money, although there's valet too.

But most importantly: best customer service I've ever experienced in the hotel industry. This place cares about its guests and will go above and beyond to ensure that you have a good stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank yellabella

Dear yellabella,

Thank you for your fantastic review of my hotel. I greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community and I am happy to hear that you found my hotel to be modern with an attractive lobby and friendly helpful staff. I sincerely hope that you will return to Portland and stay with us sometime soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was a very nice hotel, reasonably priced but for the $21 daily parking charge. We were on an auto trip and I should have noticed this when making reservations, but I didn't. The hotel itself was very comfortable and service was great. Unfortunately we arrived too late and departed too early to enjoy the amenities. The room was spacious and quiet, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GraniteBayTravelers
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear GraniteBayDivers,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience in my hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you found my hotel to be very nice and comfortable with great service. We do charge $24 for valet parking at our location. We feel that we are a great value compared to other hotels in the city center that charge typically between $30 to nearly $40 per night for the same service that we provide. I am sure you will find that we are a fantastic value and I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.