Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscourtyard marriottfront desklloyd centertypical courtyardmoda centerbreakfast buffetvalet parkingfull service restaurantstreet parkingred robinlight railfew blocksmax stationpublic transportationrose gardenfire pitwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2014

When the rest of the city was basically shut down due to snow and ice, you'd never know that this hotel was operating with reduced staff that had been there a few days. Everyone was extremely friendly and eager to please, from the front desk to restaurant; parking valet to housekeeping. Our room was spacious, warm, quiet and very clean. Breakfast was outstanding with made to order waffles and omelets in addition to the rest of the spread set out buffet-style and replenished as needed. Comfy beds and over sized bath towels were appreciated.

Located near restaurants, shopping and close to transit makes this a spot that I would definitely return to. Indoor pool area was toasty, thought we didn't use the pool or gym this trip.

Room Tip: Fourth floor or higher gives good views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank GetAboutGal
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear GetAboutGal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in my hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I appreciate you pointing out that my staff was extremely friendly and eager to please. You are correct; many of them had been staying in the hotel for days in order to ensure that our guests were well taken care of during the recent snow and ice storm. I am very proud of how dedicated my staff is and their passion to serve truly shines during difficult circumstances like this recent storm. Please come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

My hubby and I stayed a couple of nights to attend one day of the Wizard World Comic con on Saturday. We left Seattle right after work and arrived in Portland a little after 7pm and checked in. We didn't want to park on the street so we used their valet which was $21 a day, worth it because it's gated up so your car is safe. People at the front desk were very friendly and by that time we were starving. We checked in quickly, dropped our bags off and took advantage of the free shuttle service they provide until 10pm. We had an idea of where we wanted to go for dinner and let them know. We only had to wait about 15 minutes and we were off. I wish I could remember the gentleman's name that drove, he was such a sweetheart and let us know that the restaurant we were going to is a great place to dine and one of the top places to eat at if in Portland. When we called the hotel for pick-up we didn't have to wait too long, they gave us an estimate and we made sure to call before 10pm so he could get off on time. When he picked us up he was busy getting calls, friendly each and every time he answered the phone (hands free). I mentioned that he was busy and he said he would probably be working past 10pm because he doesn't like abandoning people. What a nice guy, made sure to tip him there and back. It was so nice not to have to drive downtown and have that service.

Room was nice and clean, we noticed we got two conditioners but no shampoo, went downstairs and mentioned this to the front desk and returned one of the conditioners. He apologized and gave me two bottles of shampoo and asked if I needed anything else and I didn't, again very nice.

There is a heater in the room which we used since it was so cold. Only thing is the heater is very loud so it's hard to sleep through. The second night we turned it on as soon as our con was over to warm up the room early that have it shut off so it's nice and quiet. We noticed a little after 5am the heater went on by itself and we heard our neighbors heaters around us come on. Hubby got up to make sure it was off and it was. It came on maybe 3 or 4 times after that? malfunction? no idea. Besides that everything else was great and that was really minor honestly. Experience was wonderful and would totally go back to this place, and I know we will when we do another little weekend getaway. The location of this place to the Convention Center was perfect, a few blocks away you are there and back. Lots of other restaurants in the area if you get hungry where you wouldn't need a shuttle service.

Overall wonderful customer service, we'll have to try the restaurant on-site next time since we didn't get a chance to dine out except the night we got there. We had left overs from the restaurant the night before so we had that for dinner. There's a little fridge and microwave in the room which was very cool.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ixta L

Dear Ixta L,

Thank you for your five star review! I am happy to hear that our location and services worked well for your needs. My staff and I take great pride in offering the City of Portland’s best service. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This front desk staff is amazing! They went out of there way to go above and beyond the call of duty! Chris at the front desk was amazing at his job and I don't say that about front desk folks much! Abby&Magda and all of the restaurant staff made my stay feel like I was at home! I'll be back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Brent B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in my hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled to hear that you had a five star experience and that Chris, Abby and Magda did a fantastic job of making you feel at home. I look forward to you returning soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Just returned from a 3 day stay at the Courtyard in downtown Portland. What a great hotel and restaurant. I am usually not over the top enthusiastic but this was just a solid hotel experience.
Everyone friendly, asking to help at all times, the room was up to date and very clean and the location was good for downtown and freeway access. Especially good service from Edward and Kelly at the front desk, but also good housekeeping and restaurant service. The buffet for breakfast is a great deal with made to order omelets and everything else you can think of. We get to Portland a couple of times per year and this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boomers1213

Dear Boomers1213,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a solid experience and rated us five stars! I am happy to hear that Edward and Kelly took great care of you. I will congratulate them and the entire food and beverage and housekeeping departments on a job well done. Please come back and stay with us sometime soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I recently contacted the manager of the Courtyard, Peter Kilbourne, because I have a bed bug phobia, and I wanted to find out what precautions were taken before I booked a room. Over the course of several e-mails, Peter explained their procedures thoroughly and offered to personally inspect the room with us upon arrival. He also arranged to have a room available early to accommodate our schedule. As promised, our room was completely clean and devoid of the critters—and we enjoyed a wonderful weekend at the hotel. The staff is friendly and service at this Courtyard/Marriott is exceptional, and I would highly recommend it to anyone attending an event at the nearby Convention Center.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Murdocspider

Dear Murdocspider,

Thank you for allowing my team and me to meet your lodging needs during your recent trip to Portland. We pride ourselves in customizing our service to meet the needs of each guest. Please let me know if you are returning to Portland again and I will be happy to assist you with your special requests.