“My BEST hotel experience ever!”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 142 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bayview, Idaho
“My BEST hotel experience ever!”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Each and every employee was superb in their duties! Kelly and Tiffany at the front desk. Marisol in house keeping, and Matt the valet ;). Even employees on their way into the building, greeted us and SMILED! What a wonderful group of people. Our room was spotless and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013
Peter K, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear cindyferrell36,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am thrilled to hear that Kelly, Tiffany, Marisol and Matt were superb in their duties. They will be congratulated on a job well done. I am also happy to hear that you found your room to be spotless and quiet. I hope you return as a guest of ours soon.

503-382-3144

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Central Oregon, Oregon
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay with friends while I'm in Portland, so I wasn't familiar with hotels in the area. Came across this hotel after I was done shopping at the Lloyd Center. The hotel, for the most part, is clean. My room did have a strong odor that smelt like window cleaner, but it was clean and I was happy. The staff is somewhat nice, they say hello, but sounded very cold towards me. Despite that, I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear KCK503,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community-I am happy to hear that you were pleasantly surprised! I would like to speak to you at your earliest convenience regarding how we can improve our staff service. We pride ourselves in delivering five star service and I welcome any feedback regarding how we can improve. I hope you return as a guest of ours soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I thought I had booked a room at another hotel, and was disappointed that this property was not that one. However, the hotel staff, specifically Tiffany, was so accommodating, and the hotel was so well-appointed, that I made the decision to stay. I was not disappointed! Tiffany recommended a great restaurant (Frank's noodle house), and when we returned from dinner, I found a hand-written note, thanking me for staying, along with chocolates and wine. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor, 2 queen beds-room was huge
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Janet B,

What a great five star review! I greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that Tiffany went above and beyond and that you would definitely stay here again. Frank’s Noodle House is amazing and we highly recommend it. Happy holidays!

Orient, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We arrived at midnight, three am our time, and there was a problem with our room. Our initial disappointment was smoothly handled with a taxi over to another hotel which was actually a higher rated place. What happened next is was put this Marriott over the top. In the am, we returned to the Marriott and found a hand written note of apology and a bottle of local wine to enjoy, a points credit on our account, and an offer to enjoy dinner with our family on them if we wanted. The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. The manager on duty, Calla, definitely understands customer service. We tell everyone about our visit and will be returning next time we see the grandchildren.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elisa R,

Thank you for your five star review. I am so happy to hear that Calla took such great care of you. I look forward to meeting you in person during your next trip to visit your grandchildren. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I do a lot of business travel and found the front desk check in to be pleasant and fun. Both Jeremy and Chris were professional, with Jeremy being especially funny!

The breakfast experience and customer service by Island was great, she added spice to the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing a side street for a bit less traffic noise.
Green Features: Having stayed at many different types of hotels, I found this location to be as good as any other top notch environmentally-friendly hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ben C,

Thank you for your five star review. Thank you for mentioning our great customer service. I will congratulate Jeremy, Chris and Island on a job well done. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed December 2, 2013

strictly adequate for business visit. Some employees friendly, some not. managers wondered around with clipboards but never interacted with guests. Shuttle was available only sometimes. Employees did not seem to want to drive it. There were always excuses why it wasn't available even though it was sitting right there.

Room Tip: seem to be all the same - small
Green Features: didn't notice anything particularly environmentally friendly
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear stevenbE809GX,

I am very sorry to hear that you felt our hotel was average. I don’t recall ever seeing a member of the management team here carrying a clipboard. We did have a group in house recently that gathered in the lobby to meet with clients and they were carrying clipboards. I am very sorry to hear that you may have confused these guests with members of my management team. During your stay we made every attempt possible to accommodate your shuttle needs. There may be times when we do not have the shuttle available due to a previous booking. I checked our logs and I found that we transported you at least 12 times during your stay so I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive impression of this service.

Hope Mills, North Carolina
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The whole hotel was awesome. Everyone was so accommodating and happy to take care of us. This has been the best place we have ever stayed in and will return again when we go see our grandson! It was our first visit to Portland but will definitely not be our last. Thank you to all of the staff for making our first visit memorable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cowntessmc
Dear cowntessmc,

There is no greater compliment than to hear that this is the best place you have ever stayed. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us from now while visiting your grandson. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a happy new year.