“Pleasantly Surprised”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Even after our stay my wife and I still cant seem to stop talking about this hotel. Everyone was amazing from the breakfast crew to the housekeeping. Everyone was always there to welcome you with a warm smile! My wife and I stayed here over Christmas and normally its pretty miserable to go out into public during the holidays lots of unhappy employees but not at this hotel everyone seemed to be enjoying there job on Christmas and they each wore wonderful warm smiles. After coming back from a full day of Christmas events we where greeted by Emily at the front desk she welcomed us back and asked how our Christmas had gone, she seemed to be all by herself at 5pm upon asking her if she was alone she said she was, this insistently made me sad because no one should be alone on Christmas but she said she did not mind, she had already done her family thing and was happy to be working at letting others enjoy their Christmas. This is just a small example of how wonderful this hotel is. My wife and I will deferentially be staying here next Christmas and the many more to come after that!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I gave this hotel another try after my previous stay was ruined by a loud party in the adjoining room. Thanks to the manager for reading my comments card and contacting me promptly for specifics. This was a much better stay, in a quiet, clean room, where I enjoyed a good night's sleep. Now, I would stay here in the future. The staff were very professional and greeted me warmly, from front desk to housekeeping. Also, the parking garage is below the hotel so you can access your car without getting soaked or cold.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank betjam
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was just a few blocks from my son's house. The price was very reasonable for the service, location and size/comfort of the rooms. We left and returned since we went to Seattle in-between and were able to experience 2 different rooms. Both were nice, new and clean. The heat was loud and worked well - too well for us - so we turned it off while we slept and the temperature was perfect. The only reason I did not rate this hotel as excellent was because the parking fee of $15 seemed a bit high. We did not stay long at the hotel so we were able to park on the street for free on the nights we stayed upon our return to Portland

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for New Year's Eve to see some friends. The hotel was located very close to the light rail station making it easy to get downtown without the hassle of parking. The decor was very nice and modern and the setup of our room (Queen studio) was a great use of the space.

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. We had the front desk order a cab for us for our New Year's Eve adventure. At 6 our cab didn't show so not only did the front desk order another cab, they paid for our cab ride. To me, that was really going above and beyond to make sure we had an enjoyable evening.

The next morning we ordered room service for breakfast. We split an omelet with a pot of coffee. Not only did it arrive very quickly, they split the omelet on 2 separate trays and plates to make it easy on us.

It was a great experience and without a doubt we would stay here again.

1  Thank MariettaPNW
Reviewed December 28, 2012

First of all, I think this is the best service I've had - ever. I've certainly had good service before - friendly, attentive, knowledgeable. But the service at the Courtyard was several cuts - at least - above the rest. Secondly, we loved Portland. I think it's become our favorite American city. So between the service and the city, I'd give it a minimum of five stars.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The staff is great all around, making one feel welcome. Those in the restaurant who work the morning breakfast buffet are especially fantastic - everyone wears a smile and says "hello" and the juice and coffee appear as often as needed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Checkin and the front desk was great, and the room was very nice (got upgraded to suite for being Platinum member)! The Internet was good for the first night, but the second night and into the last day, the internet would keep dropping and then reconnecting. They tried to reset the modems, but to no avail. The breakfast was just fair. Pretty good selection, but the quality was just all right. If breakfast isn't included in your rate, I would eat somewhere else.