“Good hotel for business travel...”

Courtyard Portland Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Burlingame, California
“Good hotel for business travel...”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Just stayed 3 days for work and enjoyed my stay. Rates are a lot cheaper than being in downtown and it's only a 5 minute drive into downtown. There are also a lot of restaurants within walking distance if you don't want to drive around. Appears to be a newer property so everything was in good-condition. Fitness center is on the smaller side. I had the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant and the food was good for a buffet. My only complaint is the traffic noise. The hotel is right off of NE Grand so you do hear the cars at all hours of the night. I had my ear plugs with me and they blocked out all the noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
chicago
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Found this Hotel through the company in Portland I was visiting. Had stayed at the Crowne Plaza, about 500 ft away and never saw this hotel. It looks like a business from the outside but is a very modern well maintained hotel. Rooms are large and they do have parking, for a price. Breakfast was also an adder.

Room Tip: Walking distance to fast food if you work long hours and don't want to do the sitdown meal thing...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Myrtle Point, Oregon
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This hotel was in a convenient location for all of our activities. The room was quiet and clean. Our waiter, Aly, at Charley's on Grand restaurant in the lobby, gave excellent service each morning for breakfast. He was most helpful. I recommend this hotel and restaurant.

California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for a meeting. The facility was nice but not upscale. The room had everything I needed to be comfortable. The actual fittings and furniture were not upscale but they did an adequate job. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was fine. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: get a room away from the street, there was a good amount of road noise audible in my room.
1 Thank Chingachgook
Seattle, WA
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I only stay at hotels that have a hot tub and my new AAA brochure advertised that there was one at this hotel, but I was told that it had been taken out months ago, so that was disappointing. Be prepared to use their parking valet service as there is little parking at the hotel. Also beware of the in-room coffee - it was terrible - tasted like dishwater!! We also weren't impressed with the food selection or price of the restaurant on the main floor, so we walked to nearby restaurants to eat. The room and bathroom were comfortable, clean and updated. The hotel is a 5-10 min. walk to the Rose Arena and convenient to the freeway. It is a 10 minute walk to the Lloyd Centre. I wouldn't have felt safe walking in this area at night as we saw homeless people sleeping outside close by. The room was quiet even though we were very close to the elevators.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel was very nice & so were the rooms except for the beds, which were very hard. They may suit some people but my husband & I found that we had terrible backache each morning after sleeping in them. The receptionists were not very helpful but the car park valets were extremely helpful with directions & advice on public transport. There is a nice shopping mall about 15 minutes away, on foot, with ice skating rink & food court.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Downtown/Convention Center Courtyard for the past two years for the Portland Marathon. The service is AMAZING, everyone is very friendly, and they always have a smile on their faces. We booked for a 2 night stay, as I'm not fast enough in a marathon to be back and showered by checkout time. After the marathon we returned to the hotel , showered and packed up, to check out at 3pm. To our amazement we were only charged for one night. And the gentleman that helped us check out remembered to ask how the race was! We will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple