Econo Lodge Convention Center
$202
$188
Kimpton
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

$159
  • Breakfast included
$169
$121
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Hotel deLuxe(Portland)
$179
$161
$209
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

$269
$249
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
$310
$122
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 31, 2013

On the plus side, Econo Lodge lives up to its name. It was the least expensive place I could find anywhere close to Downtown. The staff was friendly enough, though not overly so, and the room was adequately clean.

However, there was a bit of an odd smell. You got used to it pretty quickly once you were in the room, but each time you went out and came back it would take a few minutes to get used to it again. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom, which to me indicates a plumbing issue. This really should be fixed. Doesn't really make me want to go back.

Also, they advertise free continental breakfast, but what that really is is coffee, orange juice, and 7-11 danishes. Pretty disappointed by that. Thought there might at least be cereal (fruit would have been nice, but I think that would have been asking too much). So we had breakfast out both mornings.

Lastly, the cable kept going in and out. We were trying to watch Breaking Bad. We could get AMC, but then we'd lose it. It was bad enough so that we didn't watch the show and ended up streaming it when we got home. I did notice a DirectTV antenna outside, which made me confused... were we watching cable or satellite? The lower-numbered channels did come in, but I did expect all the channels to work properly.

All in all, not terrible, but I don't think I'll be going back unless I really need to save money.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lukobe
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Great price at an ok location. Arrived late night but was promptly checked in with no problems.Had no trouble sleeping although the traffic from Broadway might make it difficult for some. Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Calvin D
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to visit for a friend's wedding in Portland. Since we had to fly in from Illinois early in the morning I was concerned about having to hang out with our lounge. However when we stopped in to see if we could check in early, they were very accommodating for us and we were able to get into a room right away. We stayed for a full week. The housekeepers were wonderful and very helpful if we needed anything. It was incredibly convenient to have a streetcar stop right across the street for the hotel so we were able to get back and forth from downtown with ease. It was also only a few blocks from the railway stops that can take you to the zoo/rose test garden/japanese garden in Washington Park. We were also happy to find all of this at an affordable price for us.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sierra N
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed a few nights while visiting Portland. Had a room with 2 double beds, and the bed seemed short for my 6' tall husband. Breakfast is limited to coffee, orange juice and cellophane wrapped danish which you need to pick up in the lobby-booth and take back to your room as there is no eating area. We had to ask for a hair dryer as there was not one in the room when we arrived.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travlr
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked for 2 nights here in July 2013. The motel is small and fairly clean and a value for a 'Downtown' motel. My problem was with the staff, thee lady that checked me in was friendly and helpful but ask the other man there a question and never got a response. On my second day the housekeeper would not clean my room because I had not left at 11:45. Finally on check-out I got you OK, I asked for a copy of the receipt of my stay and got this guy running my card, handing me a copy of the card. I said 'I want itemized charges of my stay, he looked baffled.
So I rate this a good 'downtown Portland stay' for one night and hope you get the friendly lady to check you in and out.

Room Tip: If a smoker, upstairs and no elevator
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo