“An overnight motel”

Ranked #104 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Reno
“An overnight motel”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked for 2 nights here in July 2013. The motel is small and fairly clean and a value for a 'Downtown' motel. My problem was with the staff, thee lady that checked me in was friendly and helpful but ask the other man there a question and never got a response. On my second day the housekeeper would not clean my room because I had not left at 11:45. Finally on check-out I got you OK, I asked for a copy of the receipt of my stay and got this guy running my card, handing me a copy of the card. I said 'I want itemized charges of my stay, he looked baffled.
So I rate this a good 'downtown Portland stay' for one night and hope you get the friendly lady to check you in and out.

Room Tip: If a smoker, upstairs and no elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Raymond L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is by far the worst Ive ever stayed at. The bads were so hard that i couldnt sleep the whole night even after a couple drinks and had back pain for a week after. The front desk personel were very unfriendly but more than willing to charge me $10.00 more for the 3rd person in my party even though the charge for the 3 people was already on my reservation but they acted like it wasnt. I do want to thank them for at least saving us a spot to park for it would have been terrible for anyone else trying to stay there cause they had sold all their parking spaces for the blazer game that we were attending. There was also zero water pressure the next morning when went to go shower with all cold water so we avoided even showering so we stunk all the way home which was quite unfortunate because we had breakfast with my family which I dont get to see that often prior to leaving. So all in all this place is terrible with to high of prices for money that is obviously not going into their hotel at all. And it would be nice to have a front desk clerk that at least acted like she appreciated our business instead of being annoyed that we woke her up. I am a manager for a Choice Hotel in the state and have told alot of my customers who stay in Portland quite frequently to beware of this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room at all, continue shopping!!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Csmith187197
La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and beds weren't as hard as motel 6 but shower tile needed to be re-done. Careful when you stay because there was something happening at the convention center or something across the street and the manager utilizes parking lot to make more money by charging $10 for event parking and doesn't keep in mid to save spots for motel guests. We left for a little bit and came back to a full parking lot and no spaces left. That part was ridiculous. Parking should be left reserved for guests.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank lilqtpy19
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a great price and was a quick walk over the Broadway bridge to the Pearl District. Management were friendly and helpful. Only down side was the crazy tap in the shower which was impossible to adjust, but the water was lovely and hot! The room was clean and spacious, highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Bonza U
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I only stayed at this motel one night to attend a class that started early in the morning. Arriving late afternoon, I had some questions about directions to my class the next day as well as dinner recommendations. I was quickly presented with a map along with directions to my class. I was also happy to learn that halfway across the street (ie, on an island in the middle of the street) was a stop for a streetcar that went directly to and around the Pearl District, which had many dinner choices. Fare for a 2-hr ticket is $1 and there are various options for all-day passes and transfers to other transit routes. If you have the time it's certainly possible to walk to the Pearl District from the hotel, however the streetcar delivered me to the district quickly, leaving plenty of time to walk around, check out restaurants and shops, and return home on the same $1 ticket. Note that you can either buy your streetcar ticket from a machine on the street with credit/debit card or onboard the streetcar using cash/coin (probably cc/dc too--not sure?). If you are returning via streetcar, be sure to board the correct line (C-line) as there is another line (N-S) that uses the same tracks in the Pearl District. One other plus was that the proprietors let me park my car for free the entire next day, after I checked out, while I attended class. Also, contrary to another traveler, I found the wifi connection excellent and used it quite a bit to download software for the class I attended. Although the motel could have been fancier, it couldn't have been more convenient for the purposes of my stay. (PS, Alas, Portland abolished the free ride zone on its transit Sept 2012.)

Room Tip: It's a small motel, so not sure room location makes much of a difference. I was on the second s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank JodyC_Seattle
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed here for about a week here around labor day of 2012. Although not luxurious, the rooms were super clean and the owner was very friendly and conscientious. The rooms was very spacious also. They have free parking too and I never had trouble finding a space. The main downside was that if you plan to walk to anywhere except the Rose Garden or the Convention Center, it's a pretty long walk. They did just open a streetcar system that runs right in front of the property though. It's located right next to a pretty busy road also and my wife thought it was a little noisy at night but I didn't think so.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Snakester
WestCoast
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Econo Lodge in Portland for one night but wished we had stayed longer, we were greeted by a very helpful staff member who gave us some good advice about things to do in Portland. Our room was massive and very tidy. This hotel has a Guest Laundrary and free Wifi which was fast and unbroken. It is handy to the free trams and not far from the river and restaurants are not far away. Loved the people we met in Portland, they were all so friendly and welcoming. We will stay in this hotel again when we return to Portland.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple