“Good value”

Econo Lodge Convention Center
Ranked #109 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very gracious welcome, exceptionally clean and tastefully decorated room, comfortable bed, convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank visitingparents

Reviewed March 19, 2012

If you're just looking for a place to sleep that's fairly (has the hum of the city street which was fine by me), and is clean, then this is a great location and was very much worth it to me. Bed, TV w/all HBO channels, enough space and a clean room. I didn't need anymore for my three nights of apartment hunting in Portland.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We stayed here because it was cheap and close enough to downtown Portland. We came into town on the Amtrak and walked to the hotel (crossing over the Broadway bridge). It’s maybe a 10 minute walk from the train station. Luckily, we were able to check in early and put down our bags before we went site seeing. The room itself was large and clean. Definitely a no frills hotel, but you get what you pay for. The complimentary breakfast is super lame: packaged danishes and orange juice, but eh, what the heck. To get into downtown Portland, we walked about 5 minutes to the Rose Quarter Transit Center, located across from the Rose Garden Arena. This was VERY convenient and even more so because it’s in the “free” transit zone. Tip: Another walkable site, is the Widmer Brothers Brewery. Be sure to check out their free tours!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LEJ45
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I am disabled and the stay last year was a disaster. We stayed for the State Wrestling Meet and I ended up falling because the "ramp" was not in right and the indoor outdoor carpet they had on it caused it to be difficult to judge. I ended up in the ER and was told they would pay the medical but they didn't. I eventually will need to have surgery on my knee but don't want to until I just have to. The person that registered us could barely speak English, The tub was not functioning right and backed up when the toilet was flushed. The plug for the drain didn't work we had to go buy a plug for the tub and bleach to clean it after the toilet backed up in the tub. The manager just poured some drain cleaner down the drain which just caused a terrible odor in the room.
The young lady that I believe is the District Manager was supposed to provide a comp for our stay this year but as of yet we have not heard about that and we are due to stay in Feb.
All the issues were supposed to be fixed but no idea if they have been.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rita L
Reviewed October 2, 2011

It is the basic L shaped travel lodge, but the rooms are clean, the wifi free (if memory serves) and the bathrooms bright. The beds were comfortably soft and the linens soft. It is just west of the bridge between the Pearl area and the cafes down Broadway. My criteria was that it be within walking distance of the Portland Union Station for Amtrak, and it was, just. That is a serious bridge!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ZivBnd
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Excellent service and accomodation. Will return again

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 17, 2011

First off this is for a stay in 8/09.

I very much liked this place except for a few things. 1) As another reviewer wrote it is not accessible for those in wheelchairs, but is fine for those that can walk in and out of their rooms and while being inside their room. 2) The room I had was great (when I stay again I will request it), but it needed more plug ins to charge up all of my electronics. When I travel I have very full days so I really need plug ins because I tend to spend very little time at my hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo