“Good choice for a hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland Airport
Ranked #71 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My wife and I checked into this place after dark. The entrance is no clearly labeled and at first we mistook it for the back side of the hotel. In side we have a very quick check in and were in our room very quickly. I was a very nice room with a king size bed. Our overall experience at this hotel was a very good one. Their continental breakfast is great with two waffle irons, many choices on breakfast cereals, hard boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, good coffee and orange juice. The bed was very soft, free internet and all the other regular amenities. I would stay here again and I would recommend others to stay here also.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We had a very nice stay at the Fairfield,. The staff was very helpful and the shuttle was always easy or quick to get us as needed on call. The breakfast had waffles and breakfast sandwiches as well as many other quick to go options with coffee tea and juice. Whenever I had questions on advice or tips on what to do or where to go they quickly hopped online to give me directions and gave me great suggestions on things to do. The rooms were clean and the shower was hot. When I requested extra hangers for our coats and wedding attire they quickly got a housekeeper over to our room. I loved all the extra pillows on our bed which helped me sleep comfortably as I have a bad back and was able to put some underneath my legs and still have plenty for my head. The beds were firm and pillows full and soft. the blankets were a little more thin then I prefer but we slept fine. The service was superb and I would return if we came back to Portland again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This hotel is a Marriott, but it is lower priced than the others in the area. If you want you may be able to get a parking package, depending on how full their parking lot is. If you are going to be gone a number of days this may be a good deal for you. There is a senior rate, but can't be combined with the parking package.

There is a shuttle van to and from the airport, it is only about 5 minutes away. The long term parking lot is only about 3 minutes away.

There are a few places to eat in the area.

Room Tip: I have stayed a number of times, alone and with family. Have had rooms on different floors, near the...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel again in June for several nights and had a very pleasant stay. Housekeeping was very good and room always clean. Excellent price. Very close to Portland Airport. I highly recommend this hotel.
Room size is generous. Morning continental breakfast and coffee is better than most hotels in this price category and staff keep the food well stocked and the area clean. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank aug30
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband, brother and cousins stayed for 3 nights here for a recent rafting and rock climbing trip and found it to be a very comfortable "home away from home". The room was always clean and neat and ready for us to unwind after a busy day. The breakfast every morning was a plus and a very good variety of good food was offered to start the day. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone was polite and helpful and willing to answer any questions you might have. We had a very enjoyable trip due to the wonderful service we received from the Fairfield Inn. We would definitely stay here again if we're ever in the Portland area again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank koolbr33z3
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed here with the family when I had an early morning flight out of Portland after a weekend at the Oregon coast. It's a typical Fairfield Inn. Free wifi, free breakfast, free parking and most importantly a free airport shuttle that runs 24 hours. I asked for a shuttle at 5:30 am and it was ready to go exactly on time. There was juice, tea, coffee and muffins already set up in the breakfast area when I left. The family, who was driving back, stayed longer and had "real" breakfast. Our room was basic, but clean and we had no problem with noise even being at the end of hall near the outside doors.
This is not a 5 star hotel, but you are not paying 5 star prices either. People need to get over themselves and take the hotel for what it is. A good value for late night / early morning flights out of PDX.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn the night before our 7:30 am flight. It was very well maintained, comfortable, and very convenient to the airport. We had a rental car, so did not need the shuttle service. They offer that service. But, due to the limited seating, reservations are required.
A nice breakfast, with waffles, is offered at 6 am. As we were leaving earlier than that, we were pleased to find that they had muffins, beverages, and fruit available earlier than 6.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family