“Outdated hotel- but remodel starts October 2010”

Four Points by Sheraton Portland East
Ranked #81 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Seattle, WA
“Outdated hotel- but remodel starts October 2010”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I come to Portland often on business and always stay downtown at The Westin or The Nines. Those were sold out, and since I wanted to stay at a Starwood property to get points, I decided to stay here.

Didn't expect much since it's a Four Points, but it wasn't bad.

The hotel is outdated, needs new carpet, the furniture is old- but in the lobby they have a board showing the new color scheme for the remodel that's starting in October 2010. Looks like they are going all out and remodeling the rooms and the lobby area.

They have free wifi, although it was extremely slow. My room had a jacuzzi tub, but the water had a weird smell- almost like bleach- and the day after I could still smell it in my room.

The hotel was just okay, I was most irritated that the walls were so paper thin and the person in the room next to me watched tv until 11pm an I had to get up at 5am. Also they blast music in the hallways and the speaker was right by my door. I could hear every song playing and both nights I had to call the front desk and ask them to turn the music down. They were nice about it though and turned it off. But i don't think i should have to call at 10pm at night for them to turn it down or off.

Oh- and the hotel is not in the greatest area. There isn't much around except a Safeway grocery store a block away and Starbucks 2 streets down.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Booked this hotel through Hotwire for my family of 4
Got there and they had given us a room with one king sized bed, asked if there was a mistake and were told "one of us could sleep on the floor"
Talking with the manager I was told "thats what you get for booking through Hotwire"
Manager lied to me and said they were fully booked due to a convention, which the morning staff new nothing about and said they "weren't overly busy"

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank metajon

Travelers are raving about these Portland hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2010

i got a reasonably good deal for 3000 startwood points. if you are paying more than $60 you are not getting a good value. free continental breakfast consists of various breads, muffins, donuts, fruit juice, etc. basic, reasonable cold breakfast. rooms have refrigerator and microwave; albertsons grocery store close by. just off the interstate. reasonable motel; nothing out of ordinary but you may get a better deal at the extended stay just down the road; see my separate review for extended stay

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
woodinville
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Four Points but the facility needs to remodel their rooms. The furniture in the room had scratch marks and looks like something you would get from an antique store. I would also NOT recommend using their fitness room. I was a little disappointment when I walked in and both machines didn’t work. (Probably due to the fact that the machines were 30+ years old)
I have nothing but praise for the staff. They always greeted me with a smile and because of the outstanding service, I will be coming back. Thank you for making my stay memorable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasco, Washington
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed there for a weekend trip(2 nights). The first night there was a party in the room directly above us. Loud thumping for a few hours. I called the front desk and they said they will tell them to be quiet otherwise they would be asked to leave. Couple of hours went by and I called the front desk to complain and all they said was "sorry we will tell them again" Nothing happened. Second night the room next door was a family with several kids, loud as heck! Two sleepless nights! And the full continental breakfast? A total scam. all you get is fruit, bread and juice.
Not worth the money

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I love this hotel! I've been there about 4 times now and will definitely return. They offer more amenities than you could ask for, clean and comfortable rooms, nice staff, great food at their restaurant, and so much more. I especially love their 24 hr. business center which is so convenient... I can print off my boarding passes and whatever else I like for free, no questions asked. I definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again soon!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2010

The room was spacious, clean, and the staff were helpful. A light breakfast was available downstairs, and if more was desired you could go to the attached restaurant (which is also open for all meals during the day). So, nothing outstanding overall, but I found it a pleasant place to come back to at the end of my work day.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 141 in Portland
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
Extended Stay America - Portland - Gresham
Days Inn Portland/Gresham
Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Portland East? Share your experiences!