Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach
$343
$327
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$184
$178
Travelocity
All reviewshayden islandpancake machinelarge shopping centercoffee downstairsfront desknice breakfast arearoom was cleanquiet locationcomfortable mattresscomplimentary breakfastsheavy sleeperplan on stayingcontinental breakfastbiscuits and gravygreat propertynice stayshopping and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Our family are avid HI Express people and will stay in one if given the chance. After spent the day driving from N. California looked forward to this quiet, secluded HIE to relax in with the family. It is out of the way, in a good way, but is next to storage units, rv parking and a strip mall. That would have been alright if the staff and interior had been up to snuff. When we entered we we acknowledged yet not greeted. As Priority Club members we thought our stuff would be already set yet the two staff member had nothing ready and sniped at each other over the change over being the others fault. The front room was being redecorated but the moulding was also missing from the hallway with the replacement left undone halfway through the hallway and elevator. My daughter and I tried to find the way to the pool and even went outside and the staff never even looked up or asked to help. Breakfast the next day was set out wonderfully and the lady helper was wonderful but still very busy and she was the only person seen in the hotel....just weird. Family chalked it up to a bad night and all but still have to be honest........I cannot say I would come back......sorry

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank doc0205
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear doc0205,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly work very hard to ensure our guests receive the very best service we can provide each and every day. Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a nice, quiet hotel. I found myself in the Portland area for a couple of nights on my way to wine country and I had some work to do so I knew I'd need a nice, quiet place to stay. This hotel fit the bill perfectly. As always at Holiday Inn Express hotels the room was crisp and clean and the breakfast was great. It's in a bit of a strange area all by itself sort of in back of a huge development of stores that I couldn't tell if they were open or closed or soon to be open or just out of business.. Some of them (a nice new Target) were busy but others looked like they were just built and they tenant hadn't moved in yet; weird. But, there were a number of food choices in the general area and with the Target store, you had anything you'd need. I'd definitely stay here again if I found myself in the Portland area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mark G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Sorry for the delayed response but I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. most of those stores that you were talking about were in fact just built or rebuilt around the time of your stay, so there were quite a few that were empty at the time. Thankfully some of hte key stores (i.e. Targetand & Safeway) were open for just about anything that anyone may need while on the island.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review and we hope to see you again on your next visit here to the PNW area.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

It was just on the outskirts of Portland but it was all too easy to drive into the city. The hotel was extremely clean and quiet. The breakfast was one of the best I've had for awhile (thoroughly cooked eggs and cinnamon rolls...yeah)! It's got lots of restaurant choices locally and a Starbucks to hit before jumping on the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Mark G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland - Jantzen Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Traveler,

We're very thankful that you enjoyed your stay with us and shared your experience through TripAdvisor. May your next visit to a Holiday inn Express be just as enjoyable as your time with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Jantzen Beach was.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had a pleasant couple of nights here. One of which included one of the best nights of sleep I had had in a hotel. My husband, myself, and my almost three year old son actually slept in past breakfast. Our room was clean and the internet was so good that I was able to stream shows off my Apple TV. The staff was super friendly and the manager even helped my husband get some breakfast one morning for our son even though we had slept in. Wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here because the downtown hotel prices, particularly with parking, was more than double. The hotel is what you would expect at a Holiday inn Express, clean with a friendly staff. We were here on the weekend, and while the staff suggested we drive to a tram stop and take transit into town, we found that all day parking downtown on Saturday and Sunday was just $5. It was only a 10 minute drive into down on a weekend. The hotel served its purpose.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple