“Place to stay for breakfast anytime”

Holiday Inn Express Portland (Airport Area)
Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Portland
scottsdale
“Place to stay for breakfast anytime”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stay in Holiday Inn Express properties whenever I can. This one is your standard excellent hotel with the additional treat of a cold breakfast at anytime of the day or night. I had a very early flight so I needed to leave for the airport at 5 am. I was able to have cereal with a banana, yogurt, muffin or bagel and coffee, tea or milk before I caught the van for the airport. And they had a USA Today for me to read while I was eating. I thought that was impressive!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and parents and I stayed here for a night for a cousins wedding in early August. We got the family suite for the same price other hotels wanted for one king bed. The room was clean and large. It was nice to have a door between my parents bed and our bed. Complimentary breakfast in the morning and the business center with internet access was free, which I have seen that other hotels charge for. Front desk person at check in and check out was very nice. Convenient to the airport, but there werent many gas stations around to fill up the rental. Overall, I would stay here again for sure.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 3, 2011

we've stayed at other HIE before and this one isn't any different. room was clean, lots of amenities.
they offered a free shuttle to and from Portland Intl Airport at 4:30 am
what was so nice was that they provided a breakfast at 4 am instead of their regular time of 6 am. there were muffins, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, milk, yogurt, juices, coffee, cereal. this was really appreciated in that our flight was leaving at 6:30 and we didn't want to pay the high prices of breakfast items at the airport.
we will stay here again!

Seattle
Reviewed June 21, 2011

First let me say I have stayed at this property at least 5-6 times in the past few years. I choose it for location and my bias for HIE properties. I have gotten spoiled over time by the really top notch ones like Richmond BC and Spokane Valley so I am a tough critic. On arrival the front desk staff where efficient but no smiles or recognition for being a gold member or returning loyal customer. In fact now into day two of three I have yet to see a smile on any staff person and only the breakfast room attendent was slighly friendly. As I write this I am looking at wallpaper peeling off the wall and the desk chair arm is all chewed up on one side. There is a door between me and the next room which has a gap underneath at least a third to half inch wide allowing the light from that room and voices to come through. On the positive side the room is clean, the breakfast good and they gave me a quiet room at the back as I had requested but not on the top floor as I had asked for. I would rate this as an average HIE at best, but reasonably priced and convenient. With a half dozen big name competitors all around them, I may elect to try a different brand on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ProMetalSales
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Got in late due to flight delay, had to leave early.

The hotel is very convenient to PDX, clean, quiet.

Not much nearby but the airport.

Try the Cameo Restaurant on Killingsworth for a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from highway
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joshua b
Milpitas, California
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to my family and colleagues. I got a GREAT nights sleep and the guestroom had everything I needed...from a very comfortable bed, HDTV, stable HSIA, clean guestroom and I love the bath amenities.

Only recommendation is to update signage on 3rd and 2nd floor that there are no ice machines there and that they need to proceed to the 1st floor for ice.

Thanks again for a WONDERFUL stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank MSwanson777
Summit, MS
Reviewed February 2, 2011

In town for an unexpected funeral we were greeted by a caring, sympathetic staff that made our stay both comfortable and healing. The staff makes this hotel destination a constant in our travels for both business and personal stays. It truly is our home away from home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple