“Perfect Place in Perfect Portland”

Park Lane Suites & Inn
Ranked #47 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I got into Portland close to midnight for a conference presentation the next day. The one train from the airport to a train stop that was only 5 minutes from the hotel was great. I had to check in late which was no problem. I was able to print off slide notes for my presentation in the middle of the night. The walk into town was pleasant with cherry blossoms all over the hotel's neighbourhood. I liked the free coffee and cookies available at the desk. The staff were super friendly. The room had everything that I needed: wifi, iron and ironing board, two cold drinks in the fridge, nice bathtub, good TV, great little table for getting my work done, and the two complementary instant breakfasts. The drug store (2 minutes walking distance away) had all the extras I needed. I will stay there again when I most certainly visit surprisingly awesome Portland again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the suites section, so I can't tell you about the other rooms across the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank wagamamanekoTO

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I found this hotel nice and clean, with a modern room. The location was great for me as it's a 5 minute walk to the Park, a 15 - 20 min. walk to downtown and in a pleasant location. The staff was friendly but there really isn't a cont. breakfast, and no coffee in room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank StephanieMayo
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Portland is my hometown, so we return often. For years, members of our family stayed closer to the center of town, but prices have gone up too far. We were glad to discover the Park Lane, a good value within walking distance of downtown. A 5-minute walk took us to the edge of the Pearl district or to the MAX rail line that connects to downtown and the airport. For dinner there are many great eating places in the Pearl and along NW 21st and 23rd, and we enjoyed breakfast every day at Ken's Artisan Bakery (NW 21st and Flanders). We got our fitness workouts by walking up the quiet streets into Washington Park, or going up NW Westover Road into King's Heights, a posh old neighborhood with views across town to the mountains. We stayed in the Inn, where the rooms are simple but clean. We'll stay here on future Portland trips.

Room Tip: Some Inn rooms face east and have a view of Mount Hood if the weather is clear. The rest face a qui...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CatonsvilleGeorge
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have stayed at the Park Lane on two occasions and have had amazing customer service both times. This has included front desk staff (Charles is absolutely terrific - with spot on recommendations). All of the other front desk staff has also been very pleasant and helpful. As well, Lori, housekeeping for our floor was also great. The rooms are a bit dated . . . but I am not moving there . . . just visiting. Excellent location and value priced. My first choice for Portland accommodations.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lynn F
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Took my niece to Portland, Oregon to visit Universities. Wanted to be near NW 23rd but didn't want to spend a fortune. Booked this hotel through Expedia at a rate of $134 including taxes and fees for 2 queen beds. Beds were very clean and comfortable. Room was also clean. Free parking and free WIFI too. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The Park Lane has an undisputed great location near Burnside. I was tagging along with my sis while checking out colleges for my niece. That being said...the hotel was a disappointment. My handheld GPS was charging in the kitchen and disappeared. I reported it to the front desk and received a very disinterested shrug and "we have a very honest staff here". That was it. I did notice a housekeeper the next day with her son in tow. So keep your valuables and even kids toys in the safe. One night our neighbors had two dogs-the barking was loud because the walls are thin. They also had a baby. The website says there are great views from the two bedroom suites on the 4th floor. We had the bottom floor next to the street with an up close view of the garbage area(the Christmas tree was still there from the holidays). The sofa bed was not made for two nights. Stay here if you want a great location, reasonable rate but don't expect much else-apples and cookies don't make up for a missing GPS.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an upper floor with good walls.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank hikes4fun
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Park Lane is located in a very beautiful neighborhood, and is a short walk from many restaurants and bars. The price is pretty reasonable for the area, and there is plenty of free parking. The rooms were very fresh and clean.

The inn's customer service slightly lacked. There was no iron or ironing board in the room, and if you wanted one, you had to go get one from the front desk. The front desk persons seemed very annoyed by the customers even if you are just checking in. I would have hated to actually need something from them.

Bottom line..you stay here for the location, price, and clean room...not for the customer service or amenities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends