“A wonderful little gem!”

Park Lane Suites & Inn
Ranked #51 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

While looking for a good deal on a hotel for our Portland trip, my wife came across this little place. After seeing the pictures and the prices, we decided to give it a try. We stayed in the "inn" across the street from the main suites. The man who checked us in was incredibly polite and friendly, and our room was extremely clean. The rooms in the inn are small with the absolute basics: a bed, a table and two chairs, a TV, a dresser (and an adorable little table to put our luggage on), and the usual 3-piece hotel bathroom. There is a hair dryer, but there are not irons, coffee pots, or anything like that in the rooms (though they do have free coffee and tea available in the lobby at all times). The sparse amenities in the rooms didn't bother us - the cleanliness and cuteness of the room made up for it. The bed was cozy and clean, and we were well stocked with towels and even extra blankets. The hotel has a fantastic location - a five minute walk from a MAX station and just a block away from the Alphabet District. We could walk to the grocery store if needed, as well as to hundreds of coffee shops, pubs and bars, and the more central parts of downtown. When we next visit Portland, we will be more than happy to stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms at the "inn" are very small, so if you want more space, opt for the suites!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Portland for 2 nights at the Park Lane. We were looking for the best deal possible, and got so much more. We stayed on the motel side (across the street from the main office), and were pleasantly surprised with the updated interior. Don't let the exterior looks deceive you! The only thing that was frustrating was a nice, long, hot shower made the entire room incredibly humid and sticky. We had to turn up the A/C to compensate. Otherwise, customer service was top notch, and location is great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Recommend this site where I stayed at the "inn" across the street from the suites. Found the location ideal for accessing food, entertainment...all within walking distance. Best of all, the hotel has free parking! Accommodations were clean and comfortably modern, staff was friendly and helpful.m I recommend this to my friends!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms at the inn looking toward downtown, on a clear day you will see Mt Hood in the dist...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My daughter and I went to Portland for a few days and booked a room with this hotel. Right off the bat we were happy with the location because we figured out we could walk to most of our destinations right from the hotel. When we checked in we were greeted by a friendly guy who not only gave us a map, but gave us some great ideas of places to check out. The room its self was very clean with a good shower and a new T.V. We went back to the check out often and got great directions (they even told us how to use the public transportation) hot coffee and cookies. After spilling fingernail polish on the bed I went into the office to see what I would be charged for the bed spread. I was told we owed nothing and sent on our way. Turns out this was a great place to stay, walking to anywhere down town only took a few minutes and the people at the hotel were very helpful. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor was quiet but a lot of stairs to climb.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Janie H
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I reserved a double queen room about a month ahead of time. When we checked in they didn't have what I reserved so they upgraded us to a two bedroom suit for no extra charge. Everyone there was so nice. You don't see people smiling or joking around much these days. I loved those guy, they did a great job.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sis008
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is quite a few steps above an average motel room. I stayed in the Inn, room 120.
It looks like everything in the room is new, furniture, paint, a 32" or 37" flat screen t.v. attached to the wall. They have a laminate floor, and I did hear the person above me walking around in his cowboy boots, not all nite, but I didnt let that bother me.
Great bed and pillows, lots of plug-ins for electronics.
I felt very safe in the neighborhood.
Okay it did not have a few additional amenities you may find in other inns, but I could easily pay an additional $50 to $100 a nite for those.
They had coffee, cookies, fresh fruit, and newspapers in the lobby.
The price was very competitive. I could stay in an old dumpy place in town, for more money, I would suggest staying here, and I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TonySeattleWA
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Park Lane Suites and Inn offers comfortable reasonably priced and conveniently located accommodation in Portland, Oregon. I stayed in the Inn and although some reviewers have complained about excessive noise this was not my experience during my four night stay - In fact I slept very well. The Park Lane Suites and Inn are also conveniently located near the Kings Hill and Southwest Salmon MAX train station meaning that downtown Portland is only a couple of minutes ride away. There is however a 45° angled hill going from the MAX train station to the hotel - meaning that travelling from this hostel using the MAX may be unsuitable for people with disabilities. The rooms were quite clean and obviously had been recently renovated. The rooms were basic but after all what would you expect for the price? Staff were also friendly and very knowledgeable about Portland.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business