“Excelent”

Ranked #50 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Excelent”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I reserved a double queen room about a month ahead of time. When we checked in they didn't have what I reserved so they upgraded us to a two bedroom suit for no extra charge. Everyone there was so nice. You don't see people smiling or joking around much these days. I loved those guy, they did a great job.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sis008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Mount Vernon, Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is quite a few steps above an average motel room. I stayed in the Inn, room 120.
It looks like everything in the room is new, furniture, paint, a 32" or 37" flat screen t.v. attached to the wall. They have a laminate floor, and I did hear the person above me walking around in his cowboy boots, not all nite, but I didnt let that bother me.
Great bed and pillows, lots of plug-ins for electronics.
I felt very safe in the neighborhood.
Okay it did not have a few additional amenities you may find in other inns, but I could easily pay an additional $50 to $100 a nite for those.
They had coffee, cookies, fresh fruit, and newspapers in the lobby.
The price was very competitive. I could stay in an old dumpy place in town, for more money, I would suggest staying here, and I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TonySeattleWA
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Park Lane Suites and Inn offers comfortable reasonably priced and conveniently located accommodation in Portland, Oregon. I stayed in the Inn and although some reviewers have complained about excessive noise this was not my experience during my four night stay - In fact I slept very well. The Park Lane Suites and Inn are also conveniently located near the Kings Hill and Southwest Salmon MAX train station meaning that downtown Portland is only a couple of minutes ride away. There is however a 45° angled hill going from the MAX train station to the hotel - meaning that travelling from this hostel using the MAX may be unsuitable for people with disabilities. The rooms were quite clean and obviously had been recently renovated. The rooms were basic but after all what would you expect for the price? Staff were also friendly and very knowledgeable about Portland.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank qu1t
Washington
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was suspicious given how cheap the hotel was (especially compared to all of the hotels just a few blocks away in the Pearl District and downtown) but everything was great. It's a safe neighborhood, very convenient to everything, and the room was clean and appeared to be recently updated. Nothing to complain about. Also, free wifi and free parking, which is not easy to find in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ReadyForThisJelly
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at the Inn across from the main location which houses the suites. Parking is awful, very small lot that fills up quickly. Arrived at night, no parking, the Inn has no elevator. Had to drag my luggage up two flights of stairs after parking blocks away, the area and outside of Inn is not well lit. Once in the room, there is no iron or ironing board, no clock, no chairs, table, coffee maker, artwork...nothing. Two beds, a nightstand, small dresser and TV. Heating unit is very loud and leaked water all over the floor next to the bed. Walls are paper thin, I could hear people on all sides of me all hours of the night. Did not feel this was a good place for a female traveling alone or conveinent for anyone traveling for business. There's no iron and no place to work. Only pro's...the bed was comfortable, the sparse furnishings in the room are modern and there is free wi-fi. Will not stay again, if you choose this hotel, after reading other reviews, I would recommend you choose a suite in the main building. The Inn across the street is just an updated Motel 6 in my opinion.

Room Tip: Choose a suite in the main building, not the Inn across the street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is an inexpensive hotel downtown Portland. The rooms are clean and new. Staff was new. The rooms have the basics. And nothing more. There are lots of places to eat around the hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013
Warren, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am a Mother living in Northeast Ohio. I lost my job in June and have since started attending Youngstown State University. My funding depends on my attendance. My Daughter Amanda and her Fiance, Joy, live in Eugene, Oregon. When Washington passed the law allowing gay marriage, they decided not to wait any longer to get married. I felt horrible being so far away from her on her wedding day, so I called this Hotel to see if there was anything I could do for her all the way from Ohio. When I called, I talked to a wonderful employee named Shawn, who helped me make sure that my girls had everything they needed to turn the room into a Honeymoon Suite!! Flowers, Champagne, Vegan Cupcakes, the works!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple