Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,253 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great location in downtown Portland. Signature Kimpton services. Quiet, clean and comfortable rooms. Nice and helpful staff. My go to hotel chain. Easy walk to good shopping and wine in the lobby at 5, then back out to a great Portland dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I love the Kimpton Hotel chain and the Hotel Monaco in Portland was wonderful! My daughter and I went to Portland for a "girls getaway" after Christmas. The service was exceptional, the rooms fun (we had bird wallpaper) and clean.

Every day at 5pm there was music, wine and a snack in the lobby. My daughter's favorite was Voodoo donut night.

We easily walked to the hotel from the train. There are a lot of homeless in the area which may make some people uncomfortable. There are wonderful restaurants nearby and shopping.

We asked for a room facing Mt. Hood and were lucky enough to see it several days.

Very dog friendly hotel, with Timmy, a Lab, who is the Director of Pet relations. Timmy was available during the days for us to love on when we were missing our own four legged family members. Because we knew we were going to miss our pets, the hotel offered the option of having a goldfish in our room. A pet away from home.

There are several unique options available to make your stay personalized. I chose to have a yoga mat in my room and it was there waiting upon arrival.

My daughter came down with a cold during our stay and late one night we called the front desk to see if there was any NyQuil for purchase. They had none but within 15 minutes someone was knocking on our door with a bottle of NyQuil. The clerk had sent someone to the drug store to pick some up! That is exceptional service.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I love staying at Kimpton Hotels and the Hotel Monaco was no exception.

This is the first time I stayed at a Kimpton with my dog and it was an excellent experience. All of the staff were super-friendly to my black pit bull (his breed and colour often scares people although he's the sweetest dog). Plus, my dog loved the free, handmade, organic dog treats that are available all day at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TorontoLeesar
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for his birthday in March of 2013. An outstanding experience from start to finish. I'd recommend the Monaco for those who want a hotel with excellent character in a perfect location downtown.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jenniferr11
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I struggled with whether to give this a five or not as I don't give out many fives, I would say this is a solid four and half based on my experience. I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Great location and close to many activities and eating establishments. You can walk to the train that services the Portland airport as it is only three blocks or so away. Check in was smooth as usual, the room was spacious and very well maintained. Noise level was very good, room service was fast and friendly, food was good and the workout room was pretty generous compared to many hotels. Internet was easy to connect to and best of all it was stable. I think I prefer this over the other Kimpton properties in Portland, everything flowed and just felt right about staying here. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great if you choose not to rent a car since it's walking distance to the train that serves Portland airport and centrally located to activities and eating establishments.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jdohare
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thanks so much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the feedback. We were happy that you were debating with your self between a 4 star and 5 star rating. We also thank you for your positive remarks aobut the suite, fitness center, and room service.

Thanks again. We look forward to your next visit.

Craig