Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$184
Travelocity
$149
Travelocity
3,255 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2013

When we travel we need to feel very comfortable in our hotel so we are willing to pay more for that luxery. The Hotel Monaco is always our first choice when we visit Portland, Oregon, because it pampers us in all the right ways. First off alI must I sing praise to the magnificent staff!! They are without exception some of the nicest, most courteous, and welcoming I have ever encountered. The will laugh with you (and I don't mean a courtesy laugh followed by an eye roll), offer good suggestions for things to do or places to eat, and never fail to give you a warm greeting when you return.
The rooms aren't cheap, but they are nice, very comfortable, very clean, and well worth the overall experience.

Room Tip: The suites offer plenty of room and if not everyone goes to bed at the same time having the bed separated by french doors is ideal.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. I love knowing we hold the number one spot on a guest's Portland hotel list. Your experience with the staff is just what we strive for on a daily basis; it is important that our employees are able to be genuine in their interactions and I think it is one of the things that makes us shine. I am sure we will be welcoming you back again sometime soon and I know we will all be looking forward to impressing you all over again.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Amazing service that started at the car valet in the basement. Very professional and friendly. Front desk help was even better. We were a bit early for our check in...and without even asking they just upgraded us to a better room so we could check in. The decor is amazing. Fun yet classy. We ordered room service and it was prompt and seriously delish. Wish we could have stayed longer. I'd DEFINITELY stay here the next time I come to Portland.

Room Tip: If a view is important to you, avoid the south facing rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review and for staying at Hotel Monaco Portland. I was pleased to read your comments about the staff, I think they are one of our outstanding assets. I've made sure the room service folks have the chance to read your comments about the food and service as well. I was also glad to see we were able to upgrade you with so little fuss. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to being part of your future visits to Portland.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Hotel Monaco was very nice, rooms were decorated very funky and the staff was always very pleasant and helpful. The wine hour was fantastic, they had fairly large selection of both beer and wine, there were always activities for the kids, and the live piano was lovely. The only drawback is the location. While it definitely gets high marks for being so centralized, the area itself isn't very welcoming. I felt like every time I stepped out of the hotel I was being approached for change and the area seems fairly deserted at night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that you found the staff pleasant and helpful, I think they are pretty great at what they do too. I'm glad you had the chance to enjoy wine hour and found the piano and family activities a perk. Do please let us know if you ever feel uncomfortable as our staff is always happy to get you a cab or to help you plan your walking route. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Portland in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed for one night on the way to Cannon Beach. Our room was small but eclectically decorated, very clean and with lots of amenities. The hotel features a happy hour each night which is a nice way to meet other travellers. Staff were very helpful with directions, suggestions and making reservations for dinner on short notice. The valet parking is expensive at $38.00 / night and internet was not free (although the front desk CSR didn't charge us for it.) Hard to imagine in today's world that hotels still charge for internet. Would recommend Hotel Monaco and check out the extra charges when making your decision.

Room Tip: As mentioned above make sure you are aware of all of the extra charges. If you have allergies they have hypo-allergenic rooms on the 8th floor. Pet Friendly and he local resident dog hangs out in the "happy hour" room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for staying at Hotel Monaco Portland. I appreciate your kind comments about the staff. I noticed your comment about the internet charges and thought I would invite you to join our loyalty program, Kimpton InTouch. Membership is free and provides you with free access to internet, a credit in the honor bar, and notices of special deals as well as other perks. Thank you again for your review, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I were delighted with our stay at this beautiful and charmingly decorated hotel (lobby and our room color combinations with nature influence were luxurious and uplifting; unlike other generically decorated hotels this one appears to have top designer influence). Staff (check in and doorman) were also genuinely friendly and helpful. Without hesitation I look forward to staying at this hotel again as well as in their other locations. Thank you so much for our experience, this is one of our favorite hotels ever!

• Stayed: September 2013

And thank you for such wonderful comments. I agree that the decor is one of the things that stands out around here. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.