Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
$219
$201
EmbassySuites.com
  • Pool
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
$94
$171
Dossier(Portland)
$200
3,253 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Hotel Monaco and had a great time. The staff and the restaurant were exceptional. The room was a bit small but the bathroom was big. One odd element was the night stand next to the bed that had 3 faux drawers which could not be opened, so storage space was limited. The housekeeping staff gave us extra coffee when we requested it.
I can't say enough about the staff. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the Portland area and gave us great advice on how to get around. If you want to know about "customer service" this is a prime example The wine hour was excellent.
The bar menu was really great and the breakfasts were superb and both were very reasonably priced. We couldn't have asked for better service. We're good tippers and felt that staff deserved every cent.
We also appreciated that the staff contacted us before our arrival to ask if there was anything they could do to make our visit better (restaurant reservations, travel tips, etc.)
We stayed with a AAA special rate which included free parking (in and out) which saved us $38 per night.
The location was fantastic, almost everything was within 3 miles and we walked everywhere.
We joined the hotel chain's loyalty program because we were so happy.
We didn't have our dog with us but were really impressed with their pet-friendly policy.
We give this hotel a strong recommendation.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel on the third floor. I think this might be a bit noisy for light sleepers but we had no problem.
1  Thank Steve L
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for the excellent TripAdvisor review and for staying at Hotel Monaco Portland. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you especially for the nice comments about our staff. I agree that they are excellent. I appreciate the feedback about the faux drawers in our nightstands. Please contact us next time you stay with us and we would be more than happy to arrange for extra storage for your guestroom. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Monaco. It is very conveniently located near the MAX light rail system which we used to get to and from the airport. It is also near the river where we had a delightful run the next morning. The happy hour was so much fun, especially the balloon guy (kudos to you, Balloon Guy, I hope you read this!!!), with very nice wine. We also enjoyed the amazing, awesome, fabulous muffin-esque (but so much better than muffins) breakfast treats available with our morning coffee in the lobby. The hotel had the usual Monaco décor style, which I love - quirky and colorful and totally the opposite of your typical bland hotel décor. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The beds were very comfortable. The room was very quiet. The temperature control worked fine. There was a bathtub. I got a high floor as requested. All in all, the hotel, and our room, was all I could have expected, or even better. The only tiny quibble I have is that there could have been better light in the room, but you could say that about most hotels these days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Scobeaux

Thank you for staying at Hotel Monaco Portland. I'm glad you were able to take MAX to and from Portland International Airport. It's convenient, inexpensive, and eco-friendly. Thank you for joining our complimentary evening wine reception. I'll be sure to pass the nice feedback on to Frank, our "balloon guy". Hopefully you'll have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was so pleased with the service and quality of the hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful and when we tried to check in early and our room wasn't ready they called like they said they would and told us our room was ready. The sheets on the need were something from a 5 star hotel, very comfortable and plush. We didn't partake in any of the cocktail or morning free events but they looked busy. The location was great if you want to be somewhat close to the food trucks but none the less a very central location.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank surban22

Thank you for staying at Hotel Monaco Portland and for the nice comments about our service, linens, and complimentary evening wine reception. I was glad to read that our front desk staff called you when your guestroom was ready. I hope we have the opportunity to see you again next time in Portland.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our first visit to Portland, partly due to the great service and accommodations at the Monaco. All staff, from front desk to housekeeping were friendly and attentive. Loved the free happy hour in the beautiful lobby and the easy access to the delightful Red Star Tavern in the building. Our dog was warmly welcomed with her own bed, bowls and treats. The location is perfect for accessing the great shopping and walks around this lovely city. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Hotel Monaco for your first visit to Portland. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I enjoyed reading the nice feedback about our guest service and complimentary evening wine reception. I hope you'll have the opportunity to stay with us again soon and that your dog will be able to return as well.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I were trying to decide between the Nines and the Hotel Monaco for our 4 day trip to Portland. We ended up picking the Monaco and we were not disappointed. From the second we arrived, we were treated like VIPs. The room was bright, large, and for considerably less money than the Nines, we got a suite divided into bedroom and common area. The hotel gym is great, and there's a happy hour every evening with live piano playing, free wine, and a great vibe. The style is kooky for sure, but kind of awesome - bold, playful, and fun. You will find yourself smiling your whole stay. Comfy beds, friendly staff, no brainer!

1  Thank Brian T

Thank you for choosing Hotel Monaco for your trip to Portland. We're glad you had a smile on your face! Thank you for the great feedback about our guestrooms, gym, and complimentary evening wine reception. I hope you'll have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.