Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
$143
$134
$141
$113
Country Inn
Best Western Inn At The Meadows(Portland)(Great Value!)
$94
$199
$221
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
$159
$154
Travelocity
3,253 results
All reviewsred starking suitewine hourhappy houranimal print robessocial hourwine receptionliving roommini barevery eveningvoodoo donutsheart of downtownwine tastingvalet staffthe pearlsitting areafood carts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went here for a bachelor party and we had a great experience at Hotel Monaco. We booked the suites at the top floor and they were very spacious and clean. They even accommodated our party and brought roll-out beds to each of our rooms at no extra cost! The hotel itself is located in downtown near the shopping area. It's even close to two food truck areas that are open late night! Everything was walkable from this hotel and is near a few public transportation stations if you want to venture further out from the hotel. If I ever do visit Portland again, I'm definitely staying here!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Portland and I hope that the bachelor party was fun. I hope we'll see you again next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Interesting design and color patterns in the rooms and hotel. Very comfortable bed and very quiet room. Stayed for 3 days on business. Business meetings at the hotel in their meeting space. Staff were very courteous and accomodating. They have a nice wine hour from 5 to 6pm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Craig T, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for the nice review and for choosing Hotel Monaco Portland for your recent meeting. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we have the opportunity to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel staff at this hotel is something out of the ordinary. Every single person I came in contact with from the front desk, to the conciere, the maid, and the doorman was personable and eager to please. I have never been to a hotel that made me feel so welcome! The hotel itself is nice with it's large suites and eclectic decor.The room was quiet and clean. I felt very comfortable there. It is by far one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I would definately stay there again, and have absolutely nothing to say that I wish I could have changed.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and it was very quiet. the suites offered a nice place to relax other than watching television on a bed. There was plenty of room for 2 people and luggage.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Monaco Portland and for the excellent feedback about our staff. I'm glad that you felt welcome here and hope that you'll come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The location is perfect, especially since Portland is such a walkable city. The staff are very kind and made us feel welcome from the moment we walked up to the door even up until 3 days after we left as we were emailed thanking us for our stay from the hotel manager. Everyone always greeted us with smiles and "hellos" and it really felt like home. The rooms are all quirky and interesting which makes the stay even more fun. My husband and I were in Portland celbrating our 5 year wedding anniversary and the hotel put rose petals on the bed and provided a very generous bottle of champagne. The 5 o'clock happy was fun and filled with local wines and beers to taste and lovely guests to chat with and some piano in the background. I am not sure I have ever had a better experience in a hotel. Customer service these days seems to take a backseat, but not at this hotel. Prepare to have an awesome experience in the great city of Portland, only to be made better if you stay at the Monaco.

Room Tip: We went in March so our room was a bit cheaper than usual, but I would stay here either way. The King is great because there is a nice sitting area but we would have been happy in the Queen room too.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the generous review of your recent stay at Hotel Monaco Portland. I'm glad that you were able to walk around downtown. Thank you for the nice comments about our customer service. We appreciate the feedback and I'll be sure to share your review with our staff. Congratulations on your fifth anniversary and we hope to see you again (possibly for anniversary number six?).

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our recent stay began March 7 and ended on March 12 and it was flawless other than one small hiccup which I can now disregard. I stayed in a Monaco King Premier suite which just entails a higher floor over the regular suites as I understand it. Our room was immaculate and a personal touch was added with rose petals on the bed awaiting us. Spencer and Courtney did an outstanding job with info and personal requests. I truly believe being an Inner Circle member with Kimpton is like no other and Hyatt status is a close second in my book. Every morning we were greeted and furnished with info and ideas for the day. If in town, you must take a drive out to Cannon Beach and also a drive on the Columbia River Historic Highway. The views are to die for and polar opposites in direction. Also, Andina is a must as is Portland City Grill which is on about the 30th or 40th floor which give sweeping views of Mt. Hood and downtown Portland. Great and easy city to walk in, Pearl District is an A+++. By the Red Star Tavern was a huge disappointment but this is food town and the memory can be wiped away with other locations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the excellent review and congratulations on your Inner Circle status. I agree that trips to Cannon Beach on the Oregon Coast and a drive along the Columbia River Gorge are both excellent day trips from Portland. The Willamette Valley is also an excellent day trip if you enjoy tasting Oregon's famed pinot noirs. Thank you also for the feedback about Red Star Tavern. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the restaurant manager.