“Time After Time - Embassy Suites Portland Airport”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport
Ranked #50 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Eugene, Oregon
“Time After Time - Embassy Suites Portland Airport”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I've stayed at the Embassy Suites Portland Airport location on multiple locations. Always found the rooms clean & well maintained. The staff has also been welcoming and friendly.

My last visit was at the end of a stressful trip where I found myself at the airport and all flights outbound were cancelled due to ice storm warnings. I knew the Embassy Suites was very close to the airport from my prior stays. I called and quickly reserved an open room. The shuttle from the airport arrived within minutes, and I was quickly and happily taken back to the warm hotel.

Happy hour was on in the lobby - I enjoyed taking a beer and some snack mix up to my room, taking off my shoes and relaxing. Affordable room service is available -- the restaurant downstairs is often busy. The room service menu is good, the food fine. In the morning they offer a complimentary breakfast buffet as part of the room charge.

Rooms are considered suites. They are good sized with a table, coffeemaker, & fridge. I stayed here for almost a week on one visit, and really enjoyed being able to stay in my room to eat non-restaurant food a few times. The beds are comfortable, and the linens very nice. During two previous stays I've attended large conferences at this Embassy Suites location. The meeting rooms have always been well set up, the staff accomodating. The one large banquet dinner was surprizingly fresh and tasty. The hotel also offered our group box lunches that were quite good.

Just a note...the next morning my flight out was cancelled again due to bad weather. I ended up taking the hotel shuttle up to the airport, then the light rail MAX Train to downtown where I caught the Amtrak train to take me the rest of the way home. If you are visiting Portland, keep in mind that light rail connection -- it is so easy to go from the hotel to downtown inexpensively and quickly!

I've recommended this hotel to co-workers coming through Portland and they've all been pleased with the location, service and amenities.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This place is wonderful...calming, friendly, safe.

Up until my last experience, I always stayed at the Sheraton across the road;
The Embassy Suites is less expensive, offers Far more in amenities, and the staff is delightful!
I will be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed May 31, 2010

When you walk in-the atrium is lovely-until you see the trash floating in the water feature. The meal in the hotel restaurants was horrific. There were teenagers sitting in the hall making so much noise we could not enjoy our meal. The sound echos because of the architecture of the buildling. We had an early flight-so went to bed early. The light rail trains make horrible noise as well as the noise from the airport. I anticipated noise from the planes-with the close proximity to the airport. Had to move to the hide-a-bed in the other room to try to sleep but was kept up by the noise of the other guests that continued into the wee hours of the morning. When we checked out and was asked how our stay was I was told that the noise is supposed to be covered up by the waterfall/water feature. They would need a much larger waterfall to cover all the yelling. I was told by management " What is your last name? I will take care of it" By take care of it=was billed for the entire stay and charged an additional $2.50 for some unknown reason. Sent an email to hotel management but have not heard anything back from them. We have stayed at numerous hotels at the airport-we will not be returning to the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This hotel is next to the airport with free shuttle. The check in is fast and the front desk staff are very friendly. Visually, the inside is pretty like most Embassy Suites with the Courtyard design. The only detraction is that it is so loud that you can hear Courtyard noise and vacuuming noise inside the sitting room of the suite (mine was on the 6th floor). The linens and amenities were good quality. The room was clean and everything worked. The breakfast was included which was nice. They had a cook to order omelette station, but the rest of the hot food was buffet style. This hotel was a good value and felt safe for a solo female traveler.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Seattle
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I've stayed in Embassy Suites before, and find it a pretty consistent hotel for a business travel who needs to settle in and wants a little space. I've never stayed in one with my kids before (ages 3 and 5), and we had a marvelous time.

This Embassy Suites is feet from the Portland Airport (PDX), and we were in luck that the runway typically used for landings was shut down during our stay for major maintenance. However, the hotel is offset from the runway, and we could barely hear any outdoor noise at all.

The rooms are generously sized, and we were able to share our bedroom with our young fellows, who slept on portable beds we'd brought on the floor.

The hotel's interior is actually lovely. There's a fake river and waterfall (which, as other reviewers have noted is extremely loud when you're near or above it!) that's very tasteful. My boys had a great time looking around it and walking over "bridges."

The room was comfortable and tidy. Breakfast was delicious. The staff was accommodating to all our requests and questions. I'll single out Tommy, one of the bellmen--what a nice guy! We ran into him a few times over the weekend, too.

Another nice bit about this hotel: it's about a 5-minute walk or 2-minute drive from the Mount Hood station for the Portland light-rail system. A newly opened Target (which seemingly has no customers yet) has a huge parking lot, and there's seemingly no trouble parking there all day. The walk is short enough that without small children, we would have hoofed it over. The light-rail runs about every 15 minutes and takes you straight into Portland or all the way out to Beaverton.

We paid about $130 a night with tax, but which includes breakfast for four. It seemed a bargain. We'll be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Thanks to the Embassy Suites! We loved this hotel! This hotel is extremely clean, beautiful and welcoming. Loved the view of the runway from our room. Breakfast is delicious. The only thing that would make this hotel perfect is more friendly staff. Some of the staff appear to be "stuck up" and un helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone as far as a clean, beautiful place to stay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Okay, as a loyal HH member, I thought this was a good hotel until the next morning when a woke up with a rash on my face, arms, back and chest. Upon researching the symptoms and appearance of the rash I had via Mayo Clinic website BED BUGS!!!!!
Further research shows Portland has "issues" with BED BUGS.
I will never, ever stay at this hotel again and am now leary of any hotel in Portland.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business