“Great Experience”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I am highly reccomending this hotel, not only as a clean and safe environment but becasue of the great service provided by the staff. Jordan, who works at the front desk is very knowledgeable and friendly- he truly understands what good service means. I am a gold member with Hilton so I stay at many of their properties but this one has offered the best experience to date. Thank you Hilton!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I am happy to hear that Jordan was a great contribution to your nice stay. We try our best to provide the greatest service you can get when you stay with us. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Embassy Suites continue to perform at a high level. Stayed here with a 13 yr old grandson for several days. Rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast and manager's reception were very well done. Excellent choices for both. Staff is friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: There is a some noise from the airport traffic, so if you are noise sensitive, request a quiet room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, please keep in mind for future stay. You are always more than welcome to call us before your arrival and request a room away from the street. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We live in Washington, but fly out of Portland, Oregon, because we love to stay at the Embassy Suites by the Airport. All of the employees are very nice, the rooms are clean and the food and drinks are wonderful.
BTW, Costco and Ikea are within 5 minutes from this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay at our location. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you fly out!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We flew into Portland thinking we could just drive and sightsee. It turns out that Portland is a busy city. We were unlucky going to Seaside for the weekend, so had to head back to Portland. Most hotels were already booked up. Embassy Suites had one room available, and we jumped on it. We had spent many hours on the road and we went down to have a drink at the bar. When we arrived the bartender's shift had just ended. His attitude was not great. My husband, our son and I were comfortable in our meeting room suite. It had a large meeting table, our son was comfortable in the pull out couch. Sunday at breakfast they were not prepared for the number of people. They did not prep the second eating room area. Not one table had condiments. I had to seek out a staff member to ask for salt & pepper for my table. When I returned with my basket of condiments the whole room was watching. No one was there to clean up and as people left, they left the dishes which stacked up on the tables. The next person had to move dirty dishes to sit. There was a staff member serving the bacon on the buffet table. I got 2 whole pieces of bacon. There was a waiting line at the coffee table. I always feel rushed when there are 3 and 4 people behind me, waiting. My husband had to wait over 15 minutes for his omelet, the line was 10 people deep. Two cooks would be a better solution. A bigger coffee area for the amount of quests coming for breakfast would be nice. This hotel needs more staff to accommodate the number of guests they have for breakfast. The hotel is huge with goldfish filled stream in the middle. They have several huge party/reception/meeting rooms in the back portion of the hotel. Extra parking back there if you need it.
It is a perfect location if you are flying into and out of their airport. I think they accommodate the flight crews from the airlines.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the negative experiences you had with our sunday breakfast. The issue has been looked into and we are working on a solution. We take great consideration into our guest's comments. I look forward to seeing you again on a future stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel frequently to Portland and my business is very close to the airport, so I stay at this hotel frequently. It's a terrific hotel. Very clean, well kept, VERY friendly people- and I mean all of the staff. If anything I think they need to add some staff, specifically in the bar- when it is busy they can't keep up. But, the rooms are clean, the food is better than average and all in all it's a great business hotel. i would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our property. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forwarding to seeing you again sometime in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Great hotel to stay at. Suites are big enough for 2 adults plus the addition of a pull out sofa bed if needed. Opted for the two bed unit which were double beds. No complaints here. The bathroom is of exceptional size compared to the other hotels in the area. The room/bathroom were clean enough to not warrant a call to the Front Desk or to Facilities.

The Front Desk staff greeted me by name and rechecked to see if I was an Hilton Honors member. The breakfast staff were so efficient and accomodating (judging from what I saw/heard at another table requesting some items).

Great breakfast here too. Fresh made Omelettes to order, toast, cereal, juices, fresh fruits.

ES PDX is conveniently located near the I-205 onramp/offramp. It's practically next door to Cascade Station, a shopping mall. There's a Target nearby if you need to do any shopping.

There's a self-laundry facility on the 4th floor in case you need to do some laundering.

Room Tip: The windows are double paned so excessive jet noise is not that noticeable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your response regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate feedback from our guests and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. The staff was very friendly. Our room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was plentiful. A few small details: the pool could be a few degrees warmer, it was uncomfortably cold; several glasses (not ours) were left outside our room for most of our stay; and the shower curtain was ripped.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors Program. It is free. We were upgraded to a larger suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jim D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

We appreciate your time to write us a review. I apologize for the cold Pool during your stay, the problem has been fixed and the pool is up to a more comfortable temperature. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for your review.