“Outstanding Service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport
Ranked #51 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Chose the Embassy Suites based on the reviews and also it's proximity to the airport.

Check in was a breeze and we were made to feel most welcome.

We spent three nights at the hotel touring around the Portland area including a drive down the coast. On our return each night we enjoyed the Managers Reception.

The breakfast was also of a high quality and the selection was very good.

We ate in the bar and the Water's Grille as there are not too many dining choices in the area, at least as best we could tell. The food and service were of a high quality.

The suite was very well laid out and clean. Some noise was evident from the planes taking off in the early morning, but not overly intrusive.

We did return to the hotel later in the week for an overnight on the way home and the staff made us feel like we were old friends.

Did run into a problem with noise from a large group of young children in the hotel on the weekend, but our request was handled in a very professional manner and to our satisfaction.

Would return again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicguy_8
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport

Reviewed November 30, 2007

This is the second time I've stayed at the Embassy Suites en-route to a business meeting further south in Oregon and my experience was definitely on par with last years visit. After a 15 hour flight this is definitely the sort of place that you want to see - generous sized rooms, comfortable bed, pristine bathroom and positive service.

As a bonus I was given an 8th floor suite with a magnificent view of Mount Hood, but any room would have met my needs.

The breakfast is varied, good quality and very filling. I was able to keep going until late afternoon on my intake.

Also worth mentioning, is a small convenience store on the premises, where you can stock up with those essentials, ie toothpaste, aspirin that so easily get forgotten before a trip.

The only minor irritation I experienced was when I was unable to access the hotel's wireless network, which nobody on the premises could help me with. However the problem was solved effectively when a maintenance person brougt me a cable to connect to an alternative broadband network.

I will be staying here again on future trips to Oregon

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank Jazzman25
Reviewed September 22, 2007

My husband and I have preferred Embassy Suites for at least 15 years and the quality of their "product" never seems to waver. This time we needed a "last night" airport refuge after a long, wonderful vacation through central Oregon and up the coast, and before the following day's long air travel.

As always, the ES came through. The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and QUIET! The staff is wonderful. I had left my prescription sunglasses in our rental car at nearby Thrifty and Dawn at the desk and their shuttle driver (Tim or Tom?) were enormously kind and helpful as I tried to recover them (successful - the Thrifty people were also most helpful. People in Oregon are very friendly!)

The manager's reception was quite adequate, considering it is complimentary with a room that was $114! The scotch was J&B, which is a good quality product and the salsa was tasty, in a nice setting.

We needed a light dinner without travel or fuss and the restaurant provided. We shared two appetizers (crab cakes and ahi spring rolls - both really excellent!) and asked to share a dinner salad. The server realized we actually both preferred different dressings even though we settled on one, so brought us each what we wanted without being asked. He was excellent and pleasant (Thank you, Indir!)

The breakfast is top drawer. I was pleased with the variety and stunned at how perfect the scrambled eggs were on a buffet line - most unusual! We didn't try the omelettes, but they seemed popular.

The final touch was the airport shuttle driver who offered coffee!

All in all, I'll always pick an Embassy Suites for comfort and superb value.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank anneofthieves
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Hotel Portland Airport 9/20 & 9/21. We had been all around the area for the last 8 days and decided to stay for 2 nights at the airport before flying out. Everyone was friendly and the hotel & room were great. We did request to have our room cleaned in the morning and when we arrived back at 2:30pm it still hadn't been cleaned. I phoned housekeeping and they came right up and cleaned the room. Other than that, the hotel rates very high on our list.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Journey2
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for a few days this summer. Everything about this hotel was excellent: nice, large rooms, clean, reasonable rates, very near to the airport, and great service. I would definitely stay here again!

Both the front desk and shuttle driver staff were very nice and helpful. They really assisted us and came across as very friendly.

The breakfast buffet and manager's reception were added bonuses. Although nothing fancy, the breakfast is really convenient to start your day. Manager's reception was a great time to relax and watch the big screen TV. Although the line for drinks was pretty long and slow at times, but bearable.

Because you are staying near the airport, there aren't many food establishments or stores nearby. But I guess that's part of staying next to the airport.

Rooms were perfect. Very clean and well maintained. Set-up of the room is excellent with separate bedroom and living area. 2 TV's, Internet connection (fee), and dining table to spread out. Very relaxing after a long day of work or sightseeing.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank surf555
Reviewed September 17, 2007

I recently stayed at this Embassy Suites with my family. The hotel is very nice and all the staff was very friendly and helpful from the start. The atrium was very nice with the waterfall and the lounges. My 2 year old loved to watch the fish in the water and was fascinated by the glass elevators.

The room was a standard suite, we had a nice view of the mountains from our window (on the days it was clear enough to see). It was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The only things we didn't like about the room were the lever style handles on the doors which made it easy for the little one to open (and close, over and over!), and the sofa in the suite area was very uncomfortable to sit in. Otherwise it had all the amentities we needed, and having the separate bedroom was great for putting the little one to bed while we could still watch TV/read/relax with a cold beer from the fridge.

The included full breakfast was great, especially the cooked-to-order omlettes. We did not make it to the manager's reception during our stay. The hotel location is very good, it is not too far from downtown Portland or the Gorge area, and if you have an early/late flight you don't have far to go to the airport.

Note: Traffic in Portland is awful, take the light rail downtown if you can.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank JLew_jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2007

First - the pros!

Good suite, well appointed and maintained. Good bathroom, clean and spacious. Overall, typical ES suite but with the added bonus of a nice view of the distant airport and mountains. No noise from the airport that ever distrurbed us.

Restaurant at the hotel - I had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten - it was surprising and overall the meal was super. Good service too. Would recommend this to anyone.

Business centre - two PCs with internet access is a great amenity.

Value for money - paid $135 a night. I think this is great value.

Cons...

No beer at the manager's reception! This led to long queues as everyone started to ask for exotic cocktails and there was only ever one bar person on duty (although they worked extremely hard to get through as many people as possible). They only served potato chips and salsa - no variation and very limited. We didn't bother with the MR after the 2nd night.

Breakfast was a little bit like being at school! They always had a chef rationing the bacon and sausages which I thought was a bit odd as usually it is self service for everything except cooked to order eggs! Its only a minor thing but it felt like they were watching the pennies...

However, this property still represents excellent value - especially for families. Would still recommend it.

For those interested, we caught the MAX train from the airport to downtown Portland. $4.25 for a day ticket was fab and we really enjoyed using this little train...try it if you get the chance.

Stayed: August 2007