Portland Marriott City Center
$202
$199
$193
Travelocity
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationpioneer squarevalet parkingpeet's coffeesmall lobbywithin walking distancethe pearlhigh floorvalet servicefitness centercorner roomcentral locationlight railtwo blocksfront desk staffvery nice hotel
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My daughter and I take an annual Daddy/Daughter trip. We stayed here for one night on our way to the coast, and found as city hotels go, this one is average. Nothing over the top, but nothing really wrong either.

The hotel is older, but well maintained, the walls are paper thin and we could hear conversations from the two rooms beside us. They also have a different key system, you hoover the key over a sensor to unlock the door and elevator, a little frustrating at times to get it to work.

We arrived a little late on a Sunday afternoon, most of the stores were closed and restaurants, so we ate dinner at the hotel, good service and a fair value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was my second visit to Portland, but my first time at the Marriott City Center and I was extremely pleased with my choice of lodging - I stayed here for 3 nights.
The room was clean, modern with loads of room and an excellent bathroom. I didn't try the the restaurant as Portland has so many good places to eat including the famous food carts. There is a laundry available to guests which is very good value and as I was in the middle of a long trip through the US, it was a good opportunity to get some clean clothes.
Location-wise, it is right in the centre of town so it's easy to walk anywhere or if you choose, you could use the free MAX in the city centre. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and a credit to the hotel.
Highly recommend this hotel for your Portland visit and I will look them up again for a return visit.

Room Tip: Have to pay for in room wi-fi but free wi-fi available in the hotel lobby.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Frankly, we chose this hotel because it was the best rate in the downtown area. We stayed for three nights and were very pleased with our room. It was immaculately clean with a comfy bed. The location is terrific. You can walk anywhere downtown or to the nearest street car or MAX stop if you wish to venture outside the downtown area. I would not use valet parking which is a whopping $34 per night. You can park at the nearest Smart Park, located at 4th and Alder, and save at least half. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel. The staff was very friendly.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in Portland for 2 days for a business trip. First: location, location, location. This cannot be beat. I could walk everywhere. Helpful staff, accommodating, but lacking in the typical warmth I am used to with this brand. The rooms are just OK - kind of old, but the beds very comfortable and clean. I cant really say anything bad - just for the crazy rate, it really was not a 4 star hotel. Shower curtain in the shower - same old tired bath and body works products - and no shower gel! - I hate soap - its the little things that make me happy. Concierge lounge a little small - it was packed in there for breakfast - but it was a nice selection. Just odd that when I got up there - no attendant and no coffee. She strolled in 10 minutes later and said "oh, I have some in the back - Ill go get it". Was it shift change, break time? I don't know - it was just a little unusual and not at all typical for such a service oriented brand. Finally, valet parking is fast, friendly and a little on the pricey side. Rooms clean - gym small but some weights as well as cardio equipment. This is a great location, just nothing special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lawdogs1
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very average hotel, this is an old hotel that has been renovated and upgraded, but its still feels old, the location is pretty good, we walked everywhere we needed to be, close to the train station, close to the food trucks, but if I came back to Portland I would not stay here again. The breakfast was below average and the service was also very poor. On arrival I asked for more hangers and towels and it took 2 phone calls and over 2 hours for it to be brought to our room. The phone and air conditioner did not work in our room.

Room Tip: Try get a high floor, we were on the 10th floor and looked directly into a building
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends