Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
$129
Fully refundable before Thu, Apr 25
Get rewarded with One Key
1,115 results
All reviews great location high horse front desk pioneer square valet parking corner room within walking distance per day the pearl two blocks valet service very nice hotel powell's books hotel restaurant voodoo donuts tyler lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2008

Lovely hotel. Clean lobby, lifts and room. Friendly helpful staff.
Good size room with large comfortable bed and lots of pillows. On the 14th floor (requested a high floor) so good views and minimal traffic noise. Centrally located so within walking distance of most attractions, although trolley cars and buses are easy to use and free within central zone. Free internet room. We arrived early but were able to book in immediately.

1  Thank UKAdventureGirl
Reviewed January 6, 2008

Our stay at the Marriott Cty Center was a very good one. Rooms are well appointed, there is a nice fitness center and we enjoyed the hot tub as well.

Very good location in the heart of downtown. You can easily walk or take the trains (public trans) to get around. We took the train in from the airport and it was about a 25 min. ride for $1.50 and then a half block walk to the marriott front doors. There is a Pete's coffee and a Starbucks within a block. Lots of shopping and great restaraunts within walking distance.

Beds are very comfortable. Internet is available for $10 a day. I've stayed here twice and the first time we were given an "inside room" (no view of the city,) our cell phones didn't work in the room, but when given a room with a view they worked fine.

Concierge was able to provide great recommendations and was knowledgeable about the area. The Saturday Market which takes place on Saturdays AND Sundays was a lot of fun and a short walk.

Reviewed January 3, 2008

The worst hotel experiance in 25 years!

I travel extensivly through out the Pacific Northwest, I normally stay with the Starwood Brand of Hotels. Now I know why.

Upon check in the front desk was very attentive , they all greated me with a smile etc... My second night was a completly different scenerio. The Valet took almost 25 min. to retrieve my car, making me late for a meeting. The lobby is freezing cold! And I mean Cold. I actually feel sorry for the employees of this property. Management must not care about the concierge and front desk people. When I returned to the hotel, I had a later evening dinner in the Restraunt. They have a Shula's at this property....basically an out back Steak House with El Gaucho prices, which I have eaten at several times and is excellent.

The next day I contacted the sales department and spoke to a catering manager, in regards to holding a last minute meeting. She seemed very unproffesional and not aware of any thing. A big disapointment.

Needless to say, I am not someone who complains to the staff when I am staying at a Hotel, but when you come to Portland, try the Westin until the new Nines opens up. What a shame to have such poor service in such a great city.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2008

This Marriott is in a good downtown location. Pretty typical style rooms. Very surprised though that there was not a safe in the room as this is a pretty standard feature now. We were originally on the concierge floor but the a/c was very poor and the room too warm. The maintenance engineer could not make it cooler so the only suggestion was to move to a lower floor, which we did. It turned out to only be two degrees cooler on the lower floor. The difference between a concierge floor room and a lower floor room are amenities like mouthwash, a thick bath rug, magazines, different furniture and TV. Also, the comforter cover needs to be thicker because the feathers were poking through.
Concierge lounge breakfast was okay, but she seemed a little stressed with the number of people. There is a pc available in the lounge. But this lounge is not open on the weekends and is locked up. There is another pc available in the lobby.

Date of stay: November 2007
Reviewed December 28, 2007

We spent four nights at the Portland Marriott City Center in October 2007. Our flight landed at 1030 and we were able to check in as soon as we got to the hotel, and then we got immediate walking directions to Powell's Books. Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful, the room was spacious and had a great view of downtown. The location was just perfect...an easy walk to all of the great restaurants and shops that Portland has to offer. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to this friendly and funky city.

Date of stay: October 2007