Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
$129
Fully refundable before Thu, Apr 25
Get rewarded with One Key
1,115 results
All reviews great location high horse front desk pioneer square valet parking corner room within walking distance per day the pearl two blocks valet service very nice hotel powell's books hotel restaurant voodoo donuts tyler lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed November 18, 2007

There are two Marriott hotels downtown - one is across the street from the riverfront on SW Naito and this one on Broadway. I stayed at the riverfront my last stay so I chose this hotel this visit for comparisons sake. The riverfront Marriott is much more expensive.

I found the city center location to be excellent for downtown visiting. Nearly every place you want to go in downtown Portland is within easy walking distance of this hotel - much more so than the riverfront Marriott several blocks to the south.

I was traveling this time with friends so we had two rooms and all of us found the rooms and hotel to be of high quality. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is only one choice for dining at the property but this makes sense when you realize how many of portland's best restaurants are easily accessible from the front door of the hotel.

We had a great deal for the weekend which included free parking.

If you're looking for a hotel that is centrally located to downtown Portland's best sites and establishments - I strongly recommend the city center Marriott.

Date of stay: November 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank dreampilot
Reviewed November 2, 2007

The employees are helpful and know a lot about the surrounding area and offer good recommendations. Check in was prompt. Valet parking is close to 30.00 per day so I wish I would have chosen one of the local lots that seemed to average 10.00 per day.

The room seemed to be decorated in the 70's but the beds were nice. It was a typical Marriott room. Internet is 10.00 per day. We had breakfast in their restaurant and it was very good and reasonably priced.

Te location is excellent, close to everything. They have a nice workout room as well. It was a nice stay and met all my expectations. They just need a it of redecorating.

Date of stay: October 2007
2  Thank gktmd22
Reviewed October 1, 2007

This hotel was chosen for a business trip to Portland. The central location was very close to shopping, restaurants, nightlife and more.

My check-in was very easy and pleasant. The lobby is lovely and the hotel looks recently remodeled. The hotel staff was prompt and courteous at the front desk. I did not get the higher floor room that I requested, but I did get a lovely city view instead.

My room was clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable with multiple pillows and upgraded bedding/sheets. The courtesy water in the room was almost a year (!) out of date, however. I was suprised not to have wireless internet access in the room. The hotel uses iBahn in the rooms which is a wired broadband connection that is packaged for a $9.95 fee with unlimited local and national calling.

Check out was smooth. I put my bags in storage for the day so I could enjoy Portland and everything was in order when I returned. I had arranged that morning with the doormen for a limo/towncar to the airport. When I arrived back at the hotel, it was not on the books. Fortunately, they were able to get a car for me within a few minutes, but it did add stress.

The towncar is a good deal because it is only $39. A taxi ride to the hotel from the aiport is about $35 anyway.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank chrisfeature
Reviewed September 30, 2007

We were celebrating our anniversary on this trip and the Marriott made it a wonderful memory for us. We were upgraded to a concierge level room at no additional fee and had champagne on ice waiting for us upon our arrival. We had a beautiful view of downtown and a wonderfully clean and comfortable room. Every staff member we spoke to smiled and was polite and helpful. With the dodginess we experienced while out in Portland it was almost like the Marriott was our refuge. We would recommend to anyone wanting to be within walking distance of all the fantastic public transport Portland has to offer.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Judybat16
Reviewed September 29, 2007

I tried to find a downtown hotel location where we wouldn't have to pay for parking. At first, I couldn't find any, but the Marriott's weekend rate was so low that even with the parking, I thought it would be a good choice. After searching a bit more on their website, I found a package that included parking for free.
When we arrived, the check-in process was fine. Our room was large and very clean and well maintained. We had two double beds and still had room for an added rollaway. Overall, the facility was great. The bed linens were good quality, and so were the towels. We asked for extras, and they were provided daily.
As for the service... it was not bad, but really average. No major complaints. When I say "average," I mean it was good enough, not exceptional. You just have to remember that it's a Marriott and not the Four Seasons. I wish that all hotels had minimum service as good as this was. People were pleasant, competent, and tried to help when possible. The valet service was swift. We always called ahead and never had to wait. One reason why I say the service was average is that whenever I asked questions regarding the city, several of the workers had no knowledge about it and would say they had not lived in Portland for very long. Although they were polite, they just couldn't help us. Exceptional service would be taking it to a higher level above average.
The location was very convenient... central to everything in the downtown. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it without hesitation.

• Trip type: Traveled with family