“Great Portland location, awesome value.”

Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Ranked #22 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The rooms are really big, traveling with kids, this is a huge plus! The staff was really awesome from the front desk throughout the entire property. We normally try to stay closer to PSU, but found this value to hard to pass up. They serve a nice hot breakfast each morning, filled with all you breakfast favorites. Each evening they host a soup and salad bar with a complimentary beverage, very nice. It won't fill up your man, but they have a small menu of great food that you can order from.

Room Tip: Corner suites are really spacious. You don't stay here for the view, you stay for the quality a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon M

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Don't pass up this wonderful hotel! I can't say enough nice things about it. Very clean! Very friendly. Very comfortable beds. Great amenities. The breakfast is exceptional and included in your stay. Also includes an evening reception. They put out a nice soup and salad bar and include your choice of a drink, soda or a glass of wine. I couldn't find my way to the mall near there so they offered their shuttle service without charge. Such a wonderful staff! My room was large and nice and quiet. They also have a restaurant in the hotel if you don't find what you want on their free soup and salad bar. For fast food fanatics there is a Burger King across the street. I will definitely stay at this "gem" again. So glad I found it.

Room Tip: 6 mi. from downtown Rose Quarter and Convention Center
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Full disclosure: we haven't yet stayed at the property but the booking process deserved a short review. I have been lucky to have a lot of great customer service when booking hotels through the years, but this experience was review worthy. The customer service representative, Lisa, just spent and incredible amount of time on the phone with me (35+ minutes), staying patient with a cell phone that was being temperamental (eventually dropping 20 minutes into the call), my incessant questions, and online reservations that weren't showing up yet on her end. She even offered to stay a few minutes after her shift to see if the reservations would show up, so she could help me reserve the specific room I'm looking for. WOW.

I am crossing my fingers, toes & everything in between that our visit comes close to this first impression. Thanks Lisa!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We spent one night here and found this hotel to be an excellent value. The staff was welcoming, the room was clean and the breakfast buffet surpassed the typical complimentary hotel breakfast. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I used to travel a LOT when I was in the Air Force. As a result, I have a pretty good understanding of what separates a good hotel from a great hotel. Oxford Suites in Jantzen beach checks all the boxes. From the amazing breakfast, all the way down to the keycards that work through proximity as opposed to swiping, this hotel has implemented the most number of "good ideas" than any hotel in which I have ever stayed. They are not a 5 star hotel, but then again they're not trying to be. What they have done is succeeded in making me feel at home for 5 days without making me go bankrupt. I will definitely stay here again given the chance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Let me say first of all, I will be going back to the Oxford Suites. Our room was very nice, clean and comfortable with great amenities. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The price was already great, but we were surprised to receive complementary beverages and snacks each evening (a pint of craft beer for me!) and a full, hot breakfast each morning. The hotel seemed to be a great places for families. There's an indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, sauna, internet room, laundry and convenient 24-hr store on site ... and it's pet-friendly for pet lovers. We stayed on the first floor which was totally convenient for parking, our car was right outside the door. I saw that a previous poster mentioned a noisy room above theirs. Well, it's a hotel! If you bring earplugs or a noise machine just in case, that's not a problem. Or staying on the top floor is a great solution. Another poster mentioned a "smell." I didn't experience any smell except clean. I truly felt it was a little home away from home -- comfortable and convenient -- and will be going back for our next trip to Portland.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor to avoid noisy rooms above (which really aren't a problem). Stay on the fi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Messmaker
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked 5 rooms for 11 people. We were a mixture of students and teachers coming from Montana to tour Portland businesses. The staff was amazing, they tired to accommodate all our needs. The only downside was the traffic, the hotel sits on an island between Portland and Vancouver, WA. {Portland has no Sales Tax and Vancouver, WA has no income tax) so you can imagine all the commuting that goes on........ At one point our Google maps said it would take 1 hour and 15 mins to travel 10miles..... yikes right...but at other times traffic was no biggie...just be aware of that when you are planning you trip out from this hotel or any hotel in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Justin J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Red Lion Hotel on the River
Homewood Suites by Hilton Vancouver-Portland
Courtyard Portland North
Courtyard Portland North
#66 of 144 in Portland

Been to Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach? Share your experiences!