“"Not a fancy-smancy place, but very nice stay".”

Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach
Ranked #25 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Seattle, Washington
“"Not a fancy-smancy place, but very nice stay".”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stay at Oxford Suites everytime that we go to Portland. We have stayed at Embassy Suites (see my other review) in the past, but Oxford Suites is less expensive and has more dining options. Not only is there many restaurants in close vicinity of the hotel, guests receive vouchers for free drinks at the evening manager's reception, but they also receive a free buffet voucher for breakfast. Not a bad variety of food, and saved us a few bucks. They have also updated their toiletries since our last stay. Liqued hand soap, shower gel and a nice smelling complimentary lotion. We stayed in the "Executive, King Suite". King size bed, and a roomy sofa bed. Four people can stay comfortably. Room has a separate sleeping area for the sofa bed, which can be closed off. Also has two flat-screen tv's (although each remote can control both tv's... my teenage daughter got a kick out of muting the television in my room from the sofa bed area). We didn't use the pool during this trip, but it does have a very nice pool. All in all, a recommended stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wobbee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Oxford Suites, Jantzen Beach was very nice and very accomodating to our needs for 90th Birthday Party-Family Re-Union. The Hotel and Front Desk Staff are very nice and very efficient. The Breakfast and Hospitality staff went above expectations for make us feel at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fred B
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was probably the best service, hands down I've ever had staying in a hotel/motel. The staff was amazing from check in to check out! :O) The entire staff bent over backwards to keep our large group happy, full and having the best time a bunch of rowdy family members could have. And trust me, we're a rowdy bunch! LOL Not bad rowdy, just laughing and having a great time rowdy. We filled their lobby, and cafe every day we were there and not once did we get a glare or so much as an stern warning that we were being too much. Just the opposite, we were waited on so well and so graciously there won't be any other hotel for me when I'm in Portland. Kevin and Bianca (beautiful girl who worked the bar 2/8-2/9) from the cafe were amazing, every evening they made sure we had what we needed and even wanted, they couldn't have done more to make us feel like welcomed guests, no matter how late we stayed. Some of the best staff I've seen outside of Disney, and for me....that is saying something! The staff working in the grill in the morning were on top of their game, from keeping the food coming to cleaning off the tables. If I HAD to complain, it would be the workout room's equipment needing updated. The ellipticals were not in the best shape. But knowing this staff, I'm sure that is something they are probably already on top of. Rooms were clean, hotel kept clean and welcoming at every turn. Who ever hires here has put together a top notch staff and should pat him/her self on the back. Outstand, everyone!! Simply OUTSTANDING!! And I KNOW I speak for everyone with our group, we all felt this hotel was on top of their game. :O) Thank you to each and every one of you working the hotel this weekend. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (2nd floor) of the hotel might be woken up around 4:30 a.m. when the truck i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Camille B
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just had to stop over in portland for a night and didn't even think about staying anywhere else. Every stay I have had at the oxford has been great. You can't beat the hot breakfast and comfortable room. The staff is also friendly.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin S
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my first time staying at an Oxford Suites and with the amount of business travel I do and with how impressed I was with my stay, it won't be my last!

They have a wonderful, warm and helpful front desk staff, and my room was beautiful, spacious, spotless, and well-appointed. They have one of the best complimentary hot breakfast buffets I've had with a hotel stay... complete with made-to-order eggs! If you haven't stayed here before and want a beautiful room at a great price, do yourself a favor and book a room today.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 445 and it was quiet, super clean, and had a jetted tub which was a nice surprise...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank denise376
comox valley, bc
Reviewed January 29, 2013

our first time visiting Portland and we decided to give this hotel a try. All of the staff are super friendly, the room was nice and clean. A really nice breakfast in the morning gets your day started with a smile on your face and giving everyone 2 free drinks, soup, cheese, crackers, etc every evening is the icing on the cake! Seriously, who gives away free wine and beer? Oh, and they drove us to the MET station and picked us up later that night too! oh, and did I mention the free use of computers? We would def. stay here again, and Portland is such an amazing city! We had a blast. Our room was on the top floor and was very quiet. my only quibble would be that the enormous blue lit clock on the nightstand emitted far too much light at night so we had to unplug it.

Room Tip: rooms on the top floor are the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EatWell2014
Reviewed January 27, 2013

So me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel when we visited portland, we weren't at the hotel most of our stay we were out site seeing and every time we got to our room we would receive a phone call from the front desk asking us to stop "smoking", funny thing is is that we don't smoke at all! The last night of our stay we payed for and extra night and left to head to beaverton for shopping we get back to our room and our keys don't work. When we talked to the front desk they said that the hallway kept filling up with smoke from "our" room.... How is that even possible? They wouldn't even refund us for the extra night we paid for. They were very disrespectful even when we were trying to talk to them and explain we don't smoke.

• Stayed January 2013