“best PDX airport hotel”

Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Ranked #41 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is the best place to stay when flying in/out of PDX. Park and Fly deal is good value. Hotel staff is great; polite, efficient, friendly. Shuttle van always available with quick turn time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank radiodial
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

Dear radiodial,

Thanks for staying with us again and for more great comments regarding our property. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty and great review of us. I also look forward to seeing you again in the future. On your next visit, be sure to stop by and introduce yourself.

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 25, 2011

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns for business and pleasure and the Portland Airport is one of the best. Due to the unusual snow I had to meet with business associates in the hotel. Good meeting places in the lobby and excellent internet in both the room and common areas. Despite getting there @ 2am due to late flight, airport pickup was reasonably fast and staff got me checked in quickly. All the staff were friendly which is not always the case.

This is by far the best breakfast I have had a Hampton. Lots of fruit for cereal or yogurt.

Some of things I look for in lodging is a quiet room and excellent internet. Didn't even hear the airplane traffic until I needed to get up. Hampton Airport had them both. Would highly recommend this one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2011

Dear IceNole,

First, a sincere thanks for your loyalty to Hampton. I also appreciate your great comments regarding your recent visit to our property. What a great compliment to be considered one of the best Hampton's you've stayed in. There are a lot of great Hampton's and I am certainly pleased you consider us one of them. Your mention of our fresh, hot breakfast is just one of the many reasons Hampton is such a great value. I sure hope we will see you again in the future. If I may be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at the property.

Safe travels,

Reviewed February 17, 2011

Enjoyed the services, room was cleaned lobby eating area the service was GREAT...(Raquel very personally)

• Stayed: February 2011
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Dear 00000021711,

Thanks for the compliments! I certainly appreciate you staying with us and for you taking the time to spread the word of our property. I'm very proud of the staff, the newly revitalized lobby and the entire property. Your special mention of Racquel, our always smiling, Breakfast Hostess is wonderful. She truly does a great job. I sure hope we will see you again when your travels bring you to Portland.

Reviewed January 30, 2011

My friends and I always stay at the Hampton when we are flying out of Portland. The location is great and the staff are always very courteous, helpful and cheerful regardless of the time we arrive. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Transportation provided free of charge to and from the airport is readily available. They also provide a "brown bag" breakfast for guests flying early in the morning. They also provide a very nice expanded continental breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

Dear Cindy1944,

I appreciate your loyalty to our property and the great comments. It's always great to hear happy guests share their experience with others. I'm very proud of our Team and property. I hope we will get the opportunity to meet when you visit us again. If I may be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed January 28, 2011

The staff was very courteous, the rooms very clean. As close to the airport as possible (less than a half mile). The breakfast fare put out for the guests (starting 6 am) was delicious. The lodge and fly is a deal hard to beat, parking alone was equal to the lodge and fly. The shuttle was very timely and we will definitely stay their again. Kudos to the staff that runs the Hampton Inn Portland Airport!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Dear RNCody,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. Your comments regarding our breakfast, staff and Stay N Fly are great to hear. We're pleased to have our newly renovated lobby and rooms in place now and are looking forward to a great 2011. I hope to meet you on your next visit. Stop by the desk and say hello.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

As a Hilton Honors Gold Member I have stayed in way too many Hampton Inns. I never stayed in one where the staff was more engaging and helpful.
The Hamptons on the east coast should try smiling and making more than casual eye contact like these folks. This is really fun!

The staff here deserve a big party with Paris H.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear FirestoneIndy,

Wow! Thanks for the kudos! I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us and other Tripadvisor users. I also really appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton brand and the Hilton Family of Hotels. I hope we will see you again soon. Next time you're in, take a moment to introduce yourself. I'd like to meet you. By the way, if we end up having a party with Paris Hilton invited, I'll be sure to invite you.

Cheers!

Reviewed January 21, 2011

What a great way to start a holiday in the USA. The staff at midnight were so friendly and helpful. Then after a fantastic nights sleep I went down stairs for breakfast and was again greeted with smiling and friendly people. My Check out was fast and accurate and all my questions were answered in a friendly manner. The staff were very helpful with any request I had. I will definately be starting my next trip (in Sept) with my first night staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Dear RogueAmbassador,

Thanks for such great comments regarding our staff and property. Your comments are a great testament to what we are working hard to do everyday. Provide great, welcoming service to our guests. I'm pleased it worked so well for you prior to starting a vacation and look forward to seeing you again in September. Stop by and introduce yourself when you're back.

All the best,