“How to start a holiday”

Hampton Inn Portland-Airport
Ranked #41 of 146 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed January 21, 2011

What a great way to start a holiday in the USA. The staff at midnight were so friendly and helpful. Then after a fantastic nights sleep I went down stairs for breakfast and was again greeted with smiling and friendly people. My Check out was fast and accurate and all my questions were answered in a friendly manner. The staff were very helpful with any request I had. I will definately be starting my next trip (in Sept) with my first night staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Dear RogueAmbassador,

Thanks for such great comments regarding our staff and property. Your comments are a great testament to what we are working hard to do everyday. Provide great, welcoming service to our guests. I'm pleased it worked so well for you prior to starting a vacation and look forward to seeing you again in September. Stop by and introduce yourself when you're back.

All the best,

Reviewed January 7, 2011

We want to Thank you for the wonderful stay and service we recieved when we stayed with you. You are Tops in Our Book. Everyone of the service persons were as kind and caring , that means alot when you traveling Thank You
Sincerely Mrs Gulliford

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

Dear Lavonne44,

Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff and property. I'm so pleased your experience was a great one. We strive to make sure every guest truly feels like "we love having you here". I'm so happy we made you feel this way during your recent visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2010

Each & everyone of the staff was fantastic. One of friendliest I've encountered!
I reserved a Handicapped Accessible room for Grandpa & asked that our room be close. Big Flat panel TV too. The rooms were clean & well lit.
The continental breakfast was delicious - fruits, cereals, taters, eggs, bisquits w gravy & the staff there was super cheerful! Airport shuttle available 24/7 & no long waits.
There was only ONE thing I didn't like. It's a personnal thing - I don't like the water from the shower going out onto the floors. The shower curtain isn't wide enough. Even w the magnets on both ends - it took quite a while to arrange the curtain so water wouldn't splash out. A slight pull would throw off the opposite side. Most people may not care or notice this so it wouldn't make a difference to them.
We stayed 2 seperate nights - the 1st when we arrived @ midnight. The 2nd night was for our return flight home.
I told Austi I'd write this review because even before our stay - the assistance I got from the hotel was great.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2010

Dear Shoppergirl616,

Thanks for the great review of our property! It's great to hear our property was such a good match for your travel needs while in Portland. I hope we will get an opportunity to see you again soon. Also, I wanted to let you know, we are freshening up our lobby with a whole new Hampton look. Be sure to come back soon to check it out. We should be finished by the first week of January.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

Excellent, In years of traveling daily I have found this hotel to be an excellent very friendly place to stay. Excellent clean rooms, included breakfast was first class and second to none. The employees were awesome and this facility only lacked an evening dinner site close by. I will choose to stay again soon

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2010

Dear Anthony10565,

I appreciate your kind comments regarding your experience at our property. It's so great to hear the hotel is a great fit for your travel needs when visiting Portland. Your mention of the hot breakfast, warm and friendly staff and clean, comfy beds are the key components which make Hampton Inn Portland Airport a great choice for the traveler looking for consistency. I hope we will see you again soon. If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know. Stop by the desk and say hello on your next visit. Oh, by the way, if you are looking for a good dining option close by, the Columbia Grill and Bar at the Sheraton Hotel is a great option. We even have a coupon for our guests to take with them.

Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2010

This place offers a great breakfast and the front desk was very helpful. It is located literally 3 minutes from the PDX airport and was handy because we had an early departure and were returning a car rental. Clean comfortable and affordable with breakfast included ...what more could you ask for?? Must admit I'm partial to Hampton Inns!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Finoke,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hampton and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to our property. Your great comments regarding our convenient location, clean property and our free hot breakfast are just some of the key items which make Hampton Inn's such a great trusted value when on the road. I hope we will get an opportunity to see you again when your travels bring you to Portland. If I can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

The location works for me but for the price I expect more. I do enjoy my stays here and use Hampton Inns often. Clean with a helpful staff. Good product and decent value.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
HMPTNPDXGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear sandiegocharger,

I would like to say I sincerely appreciate your business and loyalty to our product, but I am concerned we are not meeting your expectations. I would be more than willing to get some feedback from you regarding what we may do better to ensure any future visits exceed your expectations. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at the hotel so we may discuss your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed November 2, 2010

We were given a Great welcome!! We are Hilton Honors members and that is another reason to stay at any Hampton. They know your needs before asking. Our room was so warm and welcoming. So clean and comfortable. Great breakfast too ..AND they even give you a little bag snack lunch. All in all it is a pleasant experience. Hampton you write the book on customer service. Oh, and did I say 100 per cent guarantee!! thanks again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear h20artist,

Thanks for the great compliments of our property, staff, and the Hampton Brand. I appreciate you staying with us and am so pleased it was such a great experience for you. I look forward to seeing you again at our property when your travels bring you to Portland. Of course, when your travels take you anywhere in the U.S., there's sure to be a Hampton Inn close by.