Stay in Hampton Inn Portland Airport for 3 nights because of a business meeting nearby.
1. It is extremely close to the Portland International Airport (PDX). With complimentary shuttles being departed from PDX to Hampton (together with Sheraton and Aloft Hotels) approximately every 15 minutes, one would reach the airport within 15 minutes.
2. The lobby has recently been re-decorated, which makes the hotel (at least inferior) look more comfortable and more feel at home.
3. The free Wi-Fi is perfectly fine. There is barely any place (no matter inside the room or in the lobby) that lacks reasonably-fast Wi-Fi connection.
4. The exterior sound-proof system is fine. I would only hear two or three flight landing per day.
5. Check-in is efficient. Indeed, I use the Hilton Honors App to do a pre check-in too.
1. The interior sound-proof system is not ok. For example, if I turn off the heater, I would hear the voices of my neighbor clearly.
2. Though the hotel said the fitness room is "on-site", it is indeed located in Sheraton, which is about 2 - 3 minutes walk. The walk is fine but imagine it would be challenging if it is a rainy day.More