“YUM!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Yes, there is a wait, but well worth it in my opinion. This is straight forward just good, comfort food. The biscuits are perfect... period. The chicken is flavorful with a tasty breading and moist inside. I had The Wedgie, chicken biscuit with lettuce, a fried green tomato, and blue cheese dressing. This place is a must visit if you're in Portland.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is one of my fav restaurants in Portland. I have gone to the NE and SE locations and always had a long wait. You wait in line, then order, then wait and try to snag a table, then you get the best breakfast you have ever had. These are not just biscuits. They are breakfast sandwiches 6" tall. They have all sorts of southern yum mines like country ham, gravy, fried chicken patties and fried green tomatoes. I get the Reggie. They have unique bottled soft drinks including Cheerwine! But- unless you get there right when they open, or get lucky, you will wait. But it is so worth it!!!!! I will say that I usually get mine to go because I hate fighting for a seat in the NE location. Also, the portions are so big, I can't ever finish my food! Thumbs up!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

These people work wonders with biscuits. The decor is on a par with a second rate charity soup kitchen, but so many places in Portland and Seattle want to milk the old grunge culture that it's hard to avoid. We were a little turned off by the long line, but it became obvious that there was a reason for the line. They offer about 15 dishes, most featuring biscuits, and all great. Everybody in our party of 13 ordered different things and left full and happy. Probably most spectacular is their shrimp and grits which is tastier than any we have had on the Carolina coast where they specialize in them. Their Reggie Deluxe sandwich is also a hearty and delicious meal, but use a knife and fork. It's entirely too full of scrumptious ingredients to try to eat with your hands. Sadly, although the area has several top notch microbreweries, the only beers they carry are bottom of the line mass produced swill. The food more than makes up for any shortfall. We would gladly stand in line to eat here again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I don't even like biscuits but I'm now a disciple of the Pine State biscuit ministry. PREACH! On the recommendation of a friend, we opted to visit this place (on Alberta) during our three day stay in Portland. The line-up was out the door and around the corner but we opted to wait anyway. TOTALLY WORTH IT. Besides, the line moved much faster than we anticipated. This isn't a place for those seeking a private table as, it's so busy, you may have to eat at their bar counter or outside at a shared picnic table, but--honestly--meet some strangers and have some biscuits. You will NOT be disappointed in their light, fluffy goodness. YUM!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were famished upon waking up our first morning in Portland & headed over for an indulgent breakfast. Bacon hush puppies are a thing of beauty! The Reggie Delux was insanely good. Cardiologist's nightmare was my heaven. Yum!