“Worth the wait!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pine State Biscuits
Ranked #6 of 4,237 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

We had breakfast here after I ran the Ft Vancouver run, so I was hungry! =) It was completely worth the wait in line. It took about 20 minutes to get inside to order. They don't operate like a regular restaurant where you sit at a table and then order your food. What happens is you walk up to the register and order your food and then they give you a number. You take this to your seating spot and they drop off your food. Luckily once we got our number a spot to sit opened up right away and I was able to sit down.

I had the Reggie Deluxe even though pancakes sounded REALLY good. I figured if I am coming to a biscuits place, I had better well have a biscuit the first time in =) It was REALLY good. My girlfriend had The Chatfield which has fried chicken, bacon and cheese topped with apple butter. I had a bite of that and thought it was amazing. She did too, and she is a borderline health nut, so it had to have tasted amazing to win her over with all of the unhealthy stuff on there. That and she had run 20 miles the day before :P

I also had the Butternut Squash Bread which I absolutely loved! I am a big fan of any fruit/veg breads and I was not disappointed. Not as sweet as a banana bread but sweeter than I thought it would be. It was a great way to finish the meal!

I WILL be going back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Indonesian first
San Diego, California
“I didn't love it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

A friend recommended the place, so we went despite my reservations about the menu. The food was good, but nothing all that special. I didn't really get what all the hubbub is about.

Visited March 2014
Kalama, Washington
“Best Southern Food in Portland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I love this place, you really can't beat fried chicken and biscuits for breakfast, but add pimiento cheese and pickles and you have heaven. The bloody mary's are great also.

• Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Love the Biscuits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

Come on, chicken, gravy, egg, bacon and cheese on a biscuit?! It's to die for. I also love that they have a cart at the PSU Farmer's Market in summer. Lines can be long at the restaurant, and at the farmer's market but the biscuits are definitely worth the wait.

• Visited September 2013
Oregon City, Oregon
“Good food just not sure its worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying the food is good and reasonably priced. Though I don't think I will be standing line for a half an hour or more again anytime soon. If you didn't have to wait in line I would give it five stars. That being said, the signature ingredient on the menu is the gravy. They have numerous items on the menu with it and I would highly recommend you get one of those items. I will go back on off hours.