“A Fine Southern Breakfast”

Pine State Biscuits
Ranked #6 of 4,430 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We went to the smaller Pine State Biscuits some time ago after reading about it in Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. It was a good experience. Therefore we returned to the larger restaurant on Alberta Street. The order desk was a little conjested, but the staff handled the orders well. I had the fried chicken and egg biscuit which was large and very good. My wife had the blue cornmeal blueberry pancakes with an egg and ham. The pancake was chock full of blueberries and to our great surprise came with real maple syrup, which is a rarity for us. Growing up in eastern Quebec, my wife does know what the real syrup is. Next time I will order the blueberry pancakes. The country ham was a little salty for our taste. The eggs were cooked as ordered. The food arrived quickly. The coffee was excellent. An interesting atmosphere. We will return.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We loved it here! Biscuits were so good and I'd definitely come back! We got the reggie deluxe, the mcisley, bbq biscuit, corn dog, and a bunch of the sides. Even though the pulled pork was good, it just couldnt compare to the combination of fried chicken/gravy/biscuit. Also, the seasonal fruit and whip cream biscuit is a must!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

After hearing so many great things from those popular TV foodies and the reviews we wanted to try out the Pine State experience. Well I am glad it was priced fairly and quick & easy to get a table and place our order. Would probably not consider a return visit. Sorry folks but for us anyhow this was a disappointment.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

You MUST try this for brunch or breakfast when you visit Portland. We were there on a Sat am on our way out to the wineries. The wait was about a half hour or so not too bad. The food is sooo good and the coffee was great too, they use Stumptown, no wonder. I had the Mcisley, salty & sweet a perfect combo. The Reggie deluxe was also great. Prices are very reasonable and the food is just so good, real hearty & homey. If I ever visit again this will be on my list again!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to Pine State after a night out on the town, and the hearty Reggie Deluxe paired with a spicy bloody was the best cure I could ask for. The wait for food was a bit long on a Sunday morning (30-40 minutes), so be sure to grab a seat as soon as you find one (they go fast) while you wait.