“Casual Atmosphere, Delicious Fried Chicken & Biscuit Sandwiches”

Pine State Biscuits
Ranked #9 of 4,587 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here after a long day of traveling across the country. We stopped by mid-afternoon on a Friday, and the line to the place was still out the door (but not around the corner). It moved pretty quickly, and the staff is not opposed to you taking a menu to look at while waiting outside. We opted for the Reggie Delux, and weren't disappointed; the fried chicken, biscuit, and gravy were superb. Along with the sides of fried green tomatoes and hash browns we had one delicious, calorie-filled, meal. The atmosphere inside is very friendly and casual, with the kitchen area open to the seating area. Overall a great, reasonably priced lunch.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Awesome food. The biscuits were fluffy and delicious. The blueberry cornmeal pancakes were fantastic! Coffee was great. Friendly staff! I will definitely return.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great little casual spot with very good filling food. A must visit when in Portland, delicious inexpensive and fun. line to wait, but moves surprisingly fast....nor specific selection recommendation, I would suggest trying everything/anything, it was all good.

1  Thank Maine04428
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I wouldn't recommend stopping here for breakfast if you plan on being very active for the rest of the day. It's a very heavy meal but SOOO good. I love all the southern touches of home. The fried chicken and fried green tomatoes are unbeatable! Most of the time there is a line out of the door so plan accordingly.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Being "not from Portland", it is difficult for me to find a place with the kind of cooking I enjoy. Pine State Biscuits has the best breakfast I have been able to find in Portland of the type of food I want. Having seen it on Triple D, I knew I wanted to seek it out on our next trip out to see the kids. It was only about a mile from the kids' house, and after suggesting we go there for breakfast, my son stated "Oh, we go there all the time - it's great"! Well, my response was "Why have we never gone then?"!!! Needless to say, my son now knows where to take us for breakfast on the next trip!