“Nowhere near healthy, but delicious”

Pine State Biscuits
Ranked #7 of 4,292 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Portland, Oregon
“Nowhere near healthy, but delicious”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I wouldn't recommend stopping here for breakfast if you plan on being very active for the rest of the day. It's a very heavy meal but SOOO good. I love all the southern touches of home. The fried chicken and fried green tomatoes are unbeatable! Most of the time there is a line out of the door so plan accordingly.

Visited May 2013

• Indonesian first
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Best Breakfast in Portland”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Being "not from Portland", it is difficult for me to find a place with the kind of cooking I enjoy. Pine State Biscuits has the best breakfast I have been able to find in Portland of the type of food I want. Having seen it on Triple D, I knew I wanted to seek it out on our next trip out to see the kids. It was only about a mile from the kids' house, and after suggesting we go there for breakfast, my son stated "Oh, we go there all the time - it's great"! Well, my response was "Why have we never gone then?"!!! Needless to say, my son now knows where to take us for breakfast on the next trip!

Visited September 2013
Ladera Ranch, California
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

When you pull up to this place you'll most likely see a line wrapped around the building; don't fret, they are efficient and it's well worth the wait. We had the Reggie, Chatfield, fried green tomatos, and hush puppies. Everything was simply delicious! They have house rules the best one being that people that have been waiting longer have first right to the table. It's great because you don't have to hover around; by the time your food is up you'll have a table. The people that work there will make sure of it.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a Raleigh, NC native who visits here when in Portland on business.This is a unique restaurant that can do wonders with biscuits. The country ham and sausage is great and it is apparent that Northwesterners have become fond with it. The biscuits are large and second to none. Coffee is great as well. If you are in Portland, this is a must stop. Great service as well as a friendly staff. The lines out the door speak volumes.

Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Long wait, Well worth it!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Definitely come to Pine State if you're in Portland. Be prepared for a wait but it's well worth it. Biscuits are incredible as expected, but the other flavors of breakfast biscuits are incredible as well. Definitely check this one out. Grab a cup of stumptown coffee and wait a bit in line to get the awesome food.