“You Really Need to Get Here!!!”

Pine State Biscuits
Ranked #7 of 4,400 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I found Pine State via Guy Fieri and Triple D. It is one fantastic place. This restaurant (there are three locations) sits in a funky and eclectic neighborhood of Portland and the atmosphere is really relaxing.
Service is friendly and cheerful and you really need to look at the menu on their website before going. And there's also a daily menu board as you walk in that changes daily.
There are at least ten different specialty biscuits, and this is not the ordinary biscuit from the freezer or (heaven forbid) a can. Fresh made on the premises.
I had the "Reggie Deluxe", a big biscuit with a fried chicken filet, bacon, cheese and gravy and topped with a fried egg. I also ordered a side of their black eyed peas. All orders are cooked as you your order and it's fairly quick process.
My Reggie Deluxe was about the best biscuit sandwich that I have ever had. The chicken was perfectly cooked and the amazing "tower" of food on a biscuit was awesome . The side of peas were also very tasty and they were fresh peas, not frozen. The peas are served with a small bowl of chow-chow, that really perks them up.
There are specialty hash browns and desserts too.
Indoor and outdoor seating.
You must check it out.
Highly Recommended.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

My husband and I are crazy about this place. The line moves fast, I find, and even if it looks like there's no seats, the turnover is fast too. Don't have one person go stake out a seat while the other is in line, that's not cool.

Everything here is great. Just be prepared to max out your calories and fat consumption for the day all at once. Don't miss out on the hash browns.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

These guys have it figured out. Simple biscuits made correctly and gravy that is silky and full of taste. If you are a person who likes B&G, there are no better places in Portland for it. My standard order is biscuit with gravy to go. But if I am really hungry, I go for the Money ball which is the B&G topped with a fried egg. Never have spent more than $10 for breakfast there

As good as the B&G is at Pine State, the size of the place is waaaay to small. Each time I go, Its packed with no room. Each time I order, its to go and I end up eating in my truck. But its worth it!!

Cant comment on the waitstaff, the place was always to crowded to get a table!!

Will go again and again
27J

Reviewed May 13, 2012

A must try, I wouldn't eat this daily but it was a great little place to try. The reggie breakfast fill us up all day, we didn't eat dinner till after 10pm.
The place is small and noisy and the girl behind the counter couldn't hear my compliment to their place to eat.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Thick gravy, warm comfort food, and easy accessibility. The place to hang when it's your typical Portland-grey- winter's day. Then hit the gym to burn the calories off!